Author Topic: No sound on speak button  (Read 1544 times)

Coverdale

No sound on speak button
« on: July 22, 2020, 11:46:06 AM »
Hello,
When I press the button on my joystick to listen, there was a sound in VoiceAttack version 1.8.3. The settings were: Listen then stop listening after recognition completes.
In version 1.8.5 I no longer heard this sound. In the other 3 settings, however, it works. So I installed the old version again.
Now I have installed version 1.8.6 in the hope that this sound will work again. Unfortunately I don't hear any sound here either. Here too the tones sound in the other 3 settings. I think it's a bug in VoiceAttack.
Does anyone have the same problem or is there a solution?

Thank you all

Gary

• Administrator
Re: No sound on speak button
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 12:05:48 PM »
Thanks for the heads up - I'll take a look at that (and make sure it wasn't intentional).

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 01:01:14 AM »
Hey, Coverdale - The latest beta version of VA restores the listening sound, but not the stop listening sound when the command is executed and listening is turned off (I was able to find code where the listening sound may have been used but not the stop - thinking that's for the better).

Now the waiting begins to see who chimes in because this was set up this way for a reason that I'm not recalling.  In that case, an option will need to be created ;)

Coverdale

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 03:38:08 AM »
Hello Gary, thanks for this info, only one sound when starting the voice button was in version 1.8.3. If that works again soon, it would be great. That's how long I've been using the old version. Many thanks.