Author Topic: Oculus Rift. Fallout VR  (Read 1165 times)

Wunderbear

Oculus Rift. Fallout VR
« on: July 17, 2020, 09:54:30 AM »
I have lots of problems with my health. One of them being extremely sore thumbs when gaming. Especially holding the thumbsticks in one position for any length of time!

In Skyrim I used Voiceattack to access a lot of things such as walking, menu, etc by using the keyboard commands for the actions. I thought I would be able to do the same with Fallout. Same company. Both pancake games use keyboards. Why does one seem to maintain them and the other not? I have tried keyboard W for move and it doesn't work.
Anyway. Has anybody got a way for me to use the keyboard for Fallout 4 VR? Or even better.  What I can do to use Voice attack with all my VR games. Thanks for reading!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Oculus Rift. Fallout VR
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 10:33:34 AM »
Last time I tried Fallout 4 VR, it did accept keyboard input for certain controls (pressing E to activate things, for example; Not sure about movement via WASD), provided the game window has focus (which is also true for Skyrim VR).

Unfortunately, as you have noticed, Fallout 4 VR and Skyrim VR don't share the same VR implementation, in fact they don't share the same game engine version either.

There isn't a viable universal method to send emulated input to VR games as the platforms they use don't really support that (especially Oculus).