Author Topic: No Signal/Mic Muted  (Read 2707 times)

jnavara

No Signal/Mic Muted
« on: July 13, 2020, 10:21:45 AM »
I am getting the above message in the top right corner.  But when I talk the program is hearing me as I see the bar across the bottom is active when I speak.  What do I need to check?  I have attached a screenshot showing the voice being recognized in the app with the mic mute.

John

Gary

• Administrator
Re: No Signal/Mic Muted
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 10:48:42 AM »
Hi, John

The no signal/mic muted icon only shows up if your speech engine is actually reporting this condition.  Something is amiss in your setup -  You'll want to try updating your headset drivers and/or try using a different headset to see if that changes anything.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 06:37:02 PM »
If speech recognition appears to be working well despite this icon being shown, however, it could be an indicator your microphone input is being filtered so that no background noise comes through, meaning below a certain volume level, the speech recognition only receives complete silence, which it interprets as the microphone being muted.

You could check the software for your audio device driver to see if this filtering can be disabled, though if speech recognition accuracy and responsiveness are satisfactory as is, that shouldn't be strictly necessary.

jnavara

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 07:10:42 AM »
If speech recognition appears to be working well despite this icon being shown, however, it could be an indicator your microphone input is being filtered so that no background noise comes through, meaning below a certain volume level, the speech recognition only receives complete silence, which it interprets as the microphone being muted.

You could check the software for your audio device driver to see if this filtering can be disabled, though if speech recognition accuracy and responsiveness are satisfactory as is, that shouldn't be strictly necessary.

I am using the Nvidia RTX Voice app to mute unwanted sounds in the background.  I will try it again with that off.

John