Author Topic: Which option do I have to use  (Read 1334 times)

johnliem

Which option do I have to use
« on: July 11, 2020, 02:01:54 AM »
Hello

When I use VA to play an mp3 or wave file,  I do not see the media player pop up I only hear the sound, but when I make a batch file to play an mp3 the media player always pop up, can you tell me which option do I need to use in order when I use a batch file to play an mp3  the media player not pop up, thanks.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Which option do I have to use
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 02:10:21 AM »
If you're seeing a media player entry in the volume mixer, that can be remedied by setting the "Audio Output Type" option on the "Audio" tab of the VoiceAttack options window to "Integrated Components".

If that's not what you're referring to, using the "Play a Sound" or "Play a Random Sound" actions should not pop up anything.

A single command can also play multiple sounds in a row, if that's what you're looking for. Make sure to check the "Wait until sound completes before continuing command" option in your "Play a Sound" action (or for individual sounds if you're using the "Play a Random Sound" action).

johnliem

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 02:22:03 AM »
First of all thank you for your reply, in this forum the moderator is one of the best I ever seen on the internet, the moderator just like walking Wikipedia  ;-)  and always response very very quick,

back to my question, it does nothing to do with the VA as I mention with VA it is perfect no issue what so ever,

I hope you can help me with this I make my own batch file like this

@Echo off
start wmplayer "d:\Frontier\1\C_CC_After_Landing.wav"
exit

when I click on this batch
the media player always pop up, maybe you tell me which option do I need to use after
start wmplayer in order the media player not pop up. thank you

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 02:34:37 AM »
There are some suggestions in this Stack Overflow thread.

However, note that this forum section is intended specifically for questions regarding and related to VoiceAttack.

Perhaps also worth pointing out is that you can trigger VoiceAttack commands using the "-command" parameter, which can be used from a batch file.

E.G.
Code: [Select]
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\voiceattack.exe" -command "my command"

johnliem

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 02:38:35 AM »
Thank you.