Author Topic: How to create a checklist?  (Read 1552 times)

CrazyDoug17

How to create a checklist?
« on: June 30, 2020, 11:01:40 AM »
Goode evening gentleman,

You're going to have to excuse, i am very new to Voice Attack and creating profiles, so when you explain, please be weary  ;D

Anyway, simple request, i am simply trying to create a checklist for my Flight Sim (X-PLANE 11). I want to be able to have say..

''Pre-flight checklist'', from there, VA replies ''Okay, Pre-flight checklist'',
''Parking break?''
and i say ''Set'',
Carry on....
VA says ''Battery?''
Me ''GUARD AND CLOSED''

That's the first part, the second part is being able to also say ''Not on'' or ''Not armed and closed''....So like a variable, so it either stops or not.

Now let me tell you what i've managed so far, i've managed to do the simplest of things and add KEY-BINDS along with Variable Voices....Sounds awesome so far, works wonders. With preflight checklist i have been following this https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=2034.0.

Now let me tell you where i'm completely stuck, in the first part it's mentioned as ''Say'', now i can do that part easy, just added in ''TEXT TO SPEECH''...Then the ''wait for spoken response'', that's also fine, where i get stuck is the ''Begin Text compare'' on wards...How on earth do i add that because i can't find it.

Listen, i know i sound like a noob and i am, but please be patient with me, i am trying to wrap my brain around this coding and adding it's slightly overwhelming however i do want to be educated.

Tutorials online, so don't explain correctly, are going to fast or are outdated for the current version i'm using.

Any help would very much be appreciated.   

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: How to create a checklist?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 11:06:10 AM »
The "Begin a Conditional (If Statement) Block" can be found in the "Advanced" submenu of the "Other >" context menu.

Press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf in your default PDF viewer, which contains documentation on VoiceAttack's features.

CrazyDoug17

Re: How to create a checklist?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 11:10:27 AM »
Hey man, thank you, appriciate that.