Author Topic: Using for pit strategy in ACC  (Read 1451 times)

nev

Using for pit strategy in ACC
« on: May 18, 2020, 07:20:08 PM »
Hi All,
just discovered this product, need to know whether it will do what I want before purchasing.
I run Asetto Corsa Competizione using a Hyperstimulator cockpit and find managing pit strategy during a race rather clumsy.
To change tyre pressures, fuel load, drivers etc., on the move I have to use up and down and left and right arrows.

Can a voice command be set up that requires the use of multiple key strokes and in the case of tyre pressures include an instruction on the amount of increase or decrease?
Hope of made myself clear, thanks in advance.
Nev

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Using for pit strategy in ACC
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 07:39:53 PM »
Yes, if the game has keyboard keys bound to the functions you want to use, that should be possible.

Do note that unless you have some way to get data into VoiceAttack (I.E. an inline function or plugin), you either need to use variables to keep track of ingame settings, or have all your commands make only relative adjustments.
E.G. if you want to change the amount of fuel that will be added during a pitstop, as VoiceAttack has no built-in way of knowing what the current onscreen setting is, you can have a command press the up arrow x amount of times to add x amount of fuel, but if you want a command that sets that value to a specific number, you need to keep track of the starting value, so the relevant key can be pressed to increase or decrease to the desired value.

Also be aware that there is a trial available (by running the VoiceAttack installer, and not entering license information when prompted), which has the same feature set, but is limited to 20 command in a single profile, and does not have the ability to import or export profiles (profiles carry over to the licensed version, with these restrictions lifted).

Other users have already created profiles for Assetto Corsa Competizione; While these cannot be imported into the trial in their entirety, you can import individual commands (though you'll want to make sure the commands you import don't rely on other commands, or to import those as well).

nev

Re: Using for pit strategy in ACC
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 07:49:30 PM »
That was quick. Many thanks.