Author Topic: object reference not set  (Read 1460 times)

mrtreets

object reference not set
« on: May 02, 2020, 02:51:19 PM »
firstly forgive me if this has already been posted

VA 1.8.5 ran as administrator but error happens as normal user or as administrator
elite singularity 2.3.8
hcs plugin 3.4.4
astra, celeste, eden, vasco as crew members and deosnt seem to have any effect if i change crew assignments
all updated to lastest versions (afaik)

starts ok and behaves as it used to for a few minutes, i start planet hopping and then the VA console gets spammed with "error scanning, object reference not set to an instance of an object (or similar).

has anyone else seen this error. feel free to message or ask for more details as the amount of spam the console recieves makes it unusable which is a shame as ive used voice contrrol for so long ive forgotteon how to fly with out it :)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: object reference not set
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 03:04:26 PM »
For issues with third-party HCS Voice Packs products, you'll want to contact them directly via their forum, or their Discord

mrtreets

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 01:00:11 AM »
So you dont think it's a VA issue then?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 01:10:52 AM »
VoiceAttack itself does not generate any log messages that start with "error scanning", and if there is an exception thrown within VoiceAttack itself it will not present itself in such a manner.

You are running third-party software that uses the VoiceAttack log system for output, and there is an exception occurring within said software, therefore you'll want to contact the author of that software about this issue.