Author Topic: VA and DCS  (Read 4641 times)

Mode1961

VA and DCS
« on: April 06, 2020, 11:27:19 AM »
VA is working great outside of DCS, it still works fine in the menus BUT when I enter the cockpit NS I press a button on the joystick to transmit, the transmit-only stays on for a second then goes off, in the VA app it says "Listening resumed" and then 1 second later it says "Listening suspended", then when I release button it says "Listening suspended", this only started shipping in the latest version of VA.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VA and DCS
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 11:31:23 AM »
Are you using any third-party profiles or plugins? Does this occur with plugin support disabled as well?

Have you tried reverting to a previous version of VoiceAttack (installers for older versions are available in the release topic) to verify it only happens with v1.8.5?

Are you running the stable release of DCS, or the open beta?

Mode1961

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 04:20:38 PM »
Are you using any third-party profiles or plugins? Does this occur with plugin support disabled as well?

Have you tried reverting to a previous version of VoiceAttack (installers for older versions are available in the release topic) to verify it only happens with v1.8.5?

Are you running the stable release of DCS or the open beta?

So I downgraded VA, it worked, when I upgraded again, it works fine now. Thanks for the assist.

Fang333333

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 12:09:36 PM »
I am having the same exact problem! After many days I finally figured out VA is Spazzing out with DCS bigtime!!! I had to stop a live recording and immediately registered to the VA forums because of this!!!

Also VA now thinks I am telling my ground crew to "Turn" when I say "Turn on ground power". It seems there are many oddities that I cannot think of right now.

I have not had it fixed

Fang333333

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 01:12:18 PM »
I tried downgrading and then installing the current version and VA still kills the mic after 1 second. The issue where VA turns on the mic wasn't noticed this time but I assume it's still there.

It sucks because I cannot use Vaicom with an older version of VA apparently.

WHy is everything in the DCS world turning to S***?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 01:48:37 PM »
Are you using the beta of either DCS or Vaicom?

If you are using the beta of either, you'll want to try using the full release (I'm not familiar with the release status of either of those - just going by what Pfeil had mentioned).

Have you tried using VoiceAttack with DCS without Vaicom?  If you have and you are getting expected results, you'll want to contact the author of Vaicom and share the details of your experience with him.  If you are finding VoiceAttack without Vaicom not working, please indicate each step within VoiceAttack to reproduce your problem.  Please also indicate what you are expecting versus what you are experiencing.  This will help diagnose a potential problem, or allow someone to provide proper instructions.

Fang333333

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 04:41:16 PM »
Hi Gary,

Thanks for the response, I've been messing with this and I have discovered it works randomly after awhile... kind of. Voiceattack basically is fine during the startup of DCS but when the mission starts it goes wonky. Sometime's it crashes. Most times it cuts out after 1 second as described above. After awhile it sometimes recognizes a command and then starts to work... Its literally like it starts "kicking in" all of a sudden. Even when it "Kicks in" as described though, it ends up messing up and crashing eventually.  I am running Vaicaom, and DCS OB2.5.5.41962
The DCS version is 3 patches back as currently OpenBeta has been broken for many VR users. We have been forced to use this version as all other builds have been released with the same FPS Gamebreaking bug. I'm sure this probably is part of the problem... BUT the previous version VA works still like a charm. Vaicom just doesn't like it and says I need to update. As far as beta software nothing else comes to mind.  The "Stable" Version of DCS doesn't allow the more current modules/features that I (and many) use. I also use Simshaker which connects to DCS but the problem is there with it on or off. Again the previous version seems great.

Sorry about the long response time but I needed to sort it out more

Thanks
Fang

Fang333333

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2020, 02:16:31 PM »
OK so this is my official post stating that VA is having major problems with current DCS version. In the previous posts I could not officially say if it was the older version of DCS causing the problems with the current version VA. (Before DCS OB 2.6 for those who know what I am talking about). I have installed the latest DCS patch and VA is constantly disabling my mic before a command is given. Same as other DCS versions. This happens in all modules as I happen to own them all but 2.

I have tried reinstalls of all sorts and various version changes in VA and DCS (For more than just the DCS VA issue) I also feel that I have seen others reporting this error or similar DCS/VA issues.

DCS is broke but after lots of "testing" it seems VA is broke too and its separate from DCS issues. Again I've come to this conclusion after HOURS of testing in different DCS versions. Sigh.. Rolling back is a time consuming B***H...

Right now VA is unusable for me and I have only been a paying customer for a few months.

I've noticed this thread is growing increasingly unnoticed but I hope someone in the VA department knows that it seems VA is growing more and more unstable as DCS updates.

Again, my VA has been an unusable mess now for a few months when it comes to DCS. These are hard times for DCS VR users... lol

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2020, 02:18:09 PM »
Do any of these issues occur when you disable plugin support?

Fang333333

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2020, 03:36:57 PM »
I will report back when I have tested this.

Thanks crazy eyes Defoe!

Fang333333

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2020, 02:02:03 PM »
OK Voice Attack and Vaicom are basically broke for me. Voice attack does not like my mic, I have tried setting default in windows, frequencies nothing helps. It seems like Voice Attack maybe fighting to share the mic with other programs but that is really a complete guess. That is just the best way to describe problem #1.

When it does share the mic it still turns itself off after one second or crashes 95% of the time. When no module is loaded it seems to stop the one second mic shutoff. When module loads (F-18 for example) Mic starts to shutoff as described.

ITS A MESS! MESSY MESSY MESS!

Also I now have a lot of sound crackling issues when VA and DCS and everything is running, but I assume that is also Windows Update.

I have disabled hotplug, (no_device_hotplug = true), tried every version of every software combo, reinstalls, some other ideas I am probably not thinking about, everything.

DCS is now broke with Vaicom and VA for me. I cannot fix it no matter anything I try. All I want to do is fly already! All of this ran smooth back in Feb. I am also posting this in Vaicaoms DCS forum.

PLEASE HELP FIX!!!
I CAN'T TAKE ALL THESE DCS PROBLEMS!!!! ARRRGGGHHHHHH

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2020, 03:04:02 PM »
VoiceAttack is not, 'fighting' for your microphone.  When you start up VoiceAttack, an instance of the Windows speech engine is created.  The speech engine is simply listening on the device you have set up as your default recording device in Windows.  Make sure to look over this thread to make sure you've got this set up to the right device:  https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=63.0    That doesn't go into using third-party apps used to route audio (not sure if you are or not).  Unless you've chosen to set this value on startup (Options > Audio > 'Set default multimedia recording device'), VoiceAttack doesn't do anything other than instantiate a speech engine (which then listens to the device).

Something to try after verifying your mic is the right device is going into VoiceAttack, going to Options > Recognition tab.  Click on the, 'Utilities' button.  Then click on, 'Sound Settings'.  This will bring up Windows' settings.  On the right, click, 'Sound Control Panel'.  On the sound control panel, go to the recording tab.  On that tab, locate your selected microphone and double-click its icon.  This will bring up the properties for that device.  Go to the advanced tab and set the, 'Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device' to UNCHECKED.  Click OK all the way back and close settings.  Close DCS and VA and restart both.  See if that helps at all.

I'm also not sure how running VoiceAttack with or without Vaicom is preventing DCS from running - If this is the case, you are the first to report it.  Have you tried running VoiceAttack with Vaicom turned off and not using the Vaicom profile to see what happens?  That would mean going into Options > General and unchecking the, 'Enable Plugin Support' box and restarting VoiceAttack.  Once restarted, that would also mean changing to a profile other than the Vaicom profile.

****EDIT -  I just realized that it's been requested to turn off plugins MULTIPLE times (not including the response on the DCS forum https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4318838).  Consider this thread closed until this can be confirmed, as we're just wasting a huge amount of time not looking at the major points.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 07:04:24 PM by Gary »

Fang333333

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2020, 03:19:34 PM »
"I have disabled hotplug, (no_device_hotplug = true), tried every version of every software combo, reinstalls, some other ideas I am probably not thinking about, everything."

Stated above ^
I see VA crashes when I am in VA with a different profile, albeit seldomly. I tried without plugins checked and other recomendations on DCS. It seems to be Vaicom shutting off mic but I cannot confirm. The setup in Vaicom is totally different than in VA alone for me. (Do to custom button mapping with the controller setup I cannot trigger the mic button like I can when in Vaicom) If I leave the mic on it does not turn off automatically in 1 second like when Viacom is on. There is still crashes however.

Not sure what else I can say about that.. Ironically I did not mean this to read that Voiceattack killed DCS.
DOUBLE IRONY,
when I went to respond that DCS is still working, DCS crashed and become unrecoverable via repairs, folder deletes, etc.

I spent this amount of time getting it back online. I also am in the middle of finals so I ask the mods next time to spare a little time as I gather info to report.

Above I have mentioned the previous versions tested, and the reinstalls. VA/Voiceattack is not performing after clean installs of all the programs again mentioned above. It stays the same. What else can I say?

I ask again that Mods have some patience as DCS is a MESS in every version, stable and OB.  I'm not going anywhere until this is fixed. I need to know if what I bought is going to work anymore. I have a strange habit of not keeping things that do not work.

Lastly I did not start this thread, I am just another person with this problem.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2020, 11:37:32 AM »
"I have disabled hotplug, (no_device_hotplug = true), tried every version of every software combo, reinstalls, some other ideas I am probably not thinking about, everything."

Does this mean you've disabled plugins within VA by going into the options screen (little wrench in the bottom-right corner of the main screen), going to the General tab (first tab) and unchecking the box labeled, 'Enable Plugin Support'?
You would then need to restart VA.  "Hotplug" is not a VA thing, "no_device_hotplug" is not a VA thing, and the rest of the sentence does not indicate whether or not plugin support is disabled.  If you indeed HAVE disabled plugins and can confirm that VoiceAttack just crashes on its own without plugins, you'll want to post the contents of your VoiceAttack fault file here so that it can be looked at (more info here):  https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=2730.0

I'm not playing hard-to-get, I'm trying to get to a point where somebody can actually help with your rather ***unique*** situation - which, btw, is not related to the OP's post.

MAXsenna

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2020, 03:35:22 PM »
Hi Fang, come back to DCS forum and the VAICOM thread.
Voice Attack is NOT crashing your DCS as Voice Attack doesn't know jack s#|+ about DCS. Doesn't even interact with it. Only sends keypresses. Doesn't even do that when you use VAIOCOM PRO.

@Gary, that hotplug thing is something DCS related. Never mind it. I have a feeling what this is, but I'm not sure 'cause his recovery steps lacks details.