Author Topic: Purchased and installed VoiceAttack from Steam but it is asking for registration  (Read 3000 times)

Caty

Hello,

Just purchased Voice Attack from inside of my Steam account to use with Elite: Dangerous and installed it from Steam but when I run it, it seemed to just have commands for Windows, not for Elite.

So I tried to follow the instructions Installing and setting up VoiceAttack - A step-by-step guide here:
https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=2667.0

I followed the instructions and it made me install the trial version of the software and now it is asking for a Registration Key.
As I had installed from Steam, I didn't receive a Registration Key.

I tried to follow the instructions to request a key it asks for either my email address or the PayPal transaction number.
If I try to enter my email address it says the address is not registered at VoiceAttack (as it was installed from Steam) and I don't have a PayPal transaction as it was paid with a credit card.

So now I have a software that I paid for and can't use because it is unregistered.

Can anyone help me with this, please?

Gary

• Administrator
Hi, Caty

What has happened is that you've installed the, 'standalone' version of VoiceAttack from the VoiceAttack website.  VoiceAttack comes in two versions:  the standalone version and the Steam version.  The standalone version requires a registration key, while the Steam version of VoiceAttack only requires that you install it from the Steam client.

What you'll want to do first is uninstall the standalone version of VoiceAttack (or, simply delete the VoiceAttack folder, which is usually C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack).  You should be able to launch the Steam version of VoiceAttack from the Steam client without the need for a registration key (you actually don't even need the Steam client if you launch VA from its Steam-installed location - that's another story, though).

The other problem it looks like you're having is that VoiceAttack does not come with any Elite Dangerous commands.  This is correct, as VoiceAttack is not built just for E:D, but for most games and apps.  You will want to either build your own library of commands from the ground up, or acquire a library of commands from either a paid or free source.  If you want to know more about these libraries, feel free to ask about them here or (for way faster response) inquire over at the VoiceAttack Discord server:  http://voiceattack.com/discord   If those options are not appealing or seem like too much work, you'll want to be sure to get a refund from Steam before the time runs out.

Hope that helps!

Caty

Hello Gary,

Thank you for your response.
I've deleted the VoiceAttack folder and found the one that was installed inside Steam folder.

As for the second problem, I am going to purchase an HCS voice pack so I hope all will be solved.
Thank you!