Author Topic: Having to continually reset button test.  (Read 1325 times)

Sartech

Having to continually reset button test.
« on: March 29, 2020, 06:05:20 PM »
When I test the joystick buttons I have to hit the reset button to get out of the waiting mode.  When I go back to test my commands the buttons don't work and I have to go back into the joystick test panel and mash the reset button to get the buttons to show up again.  This can happen 2 or 3 times and suddenly all works properly.   Then I go into DCS to fly and the buttons don't work again.  How can I fix this?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Having to continually reset button test.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 06:17:15 PM »
Are you using any other software that interacts with joystick devices? Does this issue occur after a reboot, as few background applications as possible running?

Which joystick(s) are you using?

Sartech

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 07:41:51 AM »
Thanks  for the reply.  I am using Thrustmaster Warthog, Sticks interact with DCS, Simple Radio Stand Alone for DCS, and Discord.  Voice Attack interacts with ViacomPro.  It does happen after a reboot Hope you can find the fix.  In the meantime I'll try a reinstall of the program.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 02:56:35 PM »
Does this also occur while plugin support is disabled?

Are you using T.A.R.G.E.T.?

Sartech

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 08:40:06 PM »
If I disable plug in support it doesn't work at all no matter how many times I reset.  Not using TARGET.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 08:54:02 PM »
Just to make sure: If you disable plugin support, the "Test Joystick Buttons" dialog, opened by clicking the "Test" button on the "Joystick Options" window (which is opened using the "Joystick Options" button on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window) does not show any input when you operate the buttons on your device?

If so:

VoiceAttack interfaces with DirectX to get joystick information, which interfaces with your joystick using a device driver; Make sure both are up-to-date.

Also make sure VoiceAttack itself is up-to-date. Just in case, you could run the current version installer again to make sure all files are in order.

A system file scan is recommended, as well.