Author Topic: VA not working  (Read 6072 times)

Humpster

VA not working
« on: July 24, 2016, 08:41:59 AM »
Hi am usinga  registered paid for version on new PC with Win 10 Pro 64bit. I used to have it running fine on my old build also using same version of Win 10 64bit.

So install voice ttack and go to create a profile and nothing is recognised, even though the headset works in windows, after a few minutes i no longer the red mic popping up in VA and my commands or other speech is not recognised.  This was on an Asus analogue headset with 3.5 mic and headphone jacks. Thinking the headset could be the issue i purchased Corsair USB version, guess what exactly the same issue so it cant be the headset of the PC surely.  Any suggestions as at my wits end here. Seems really odd.

Thanks

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VA not working
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 11:52:04 AM »
Asus headset you say? Did it come with "Sonic Studio" per chance?

Some software, like Sonic Studio or TeamViewer, interfere with microphone input. Did you get a warning about this when VoiceAttack started?

Humpster

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 11:26:37 AM »
Hopefully got to the bottom of it looks like a faulty soundcard, old and new headset both work on on board audio but not onboard sound. Supplier has sent a new soundcard.

Lets hope that fixes, will keep you posted and thanks for help.

J

Humpster

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 07:06:15 AM »
Ok so was not the soundcard, got the new one working by following the advice from here and elsewhere, it seems that the drivers are not just good enough from Asus. The board worked in Elite with VA for around 10 minutes before each time it cut out and listening to the mic input it sounded like a engine running. The boards are now going back to Scan for a refund. Has anyone used the Creative Soundblaster ZxR under windows 10 64bit with VA?

Ta

J

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 08:53:40 AM »
Have you uninstalled all the ASUS related software including drivers and any other included extras?

The thing about USB headsets is that they contain a soundcard, so even without any other sound devices in the system, it should work. However, anything attempting to manipulate audio could still cause issues, which is why you should make sure you've cleaned up after the ASUS installer.

Somewhat offtopic, I've had horrid experiences with both ASUS and Creative soundcards/drivers:

My old ASUS card would crash randomly and repeat the last half second or so of whatever was playing infinitely.

My current built-in Creative "sound card"(which does portions in software) tends to crash in a way that turns up the volume to maximum, and won't let windows control it; Wonderful when that happens >:(

Creative drivers in general are usually unstable, from what I've read, so look up some reviews before you consider buying from them(should've followed my own advice on that ::)).

Humpster

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 09:02:35 AM »
Its a stand 3.5mm jack headset, not a fan of USB headset. Yea not used creative boards in a while however may bypass dedicated sound and stick with the realtek stuff, it seems very good so far, and most importantly it just works. Am posting around the net about the ZxR with Win 10 and VA. Thanks for your help and advice, Much appreciated.

J

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 09:11:44 AM »
i purchased Corsair USB version

Is what I was referring to.

Humpster

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 10:31:30 AM »
Ah my bad, yes gave that a go while it worrked ok i dont feel its as good as the Asus analogue I already have, so thats going back too.