Author Topic: In DCS Simulator Mic Click Sound Doesn't Work In Multi-player  (Read 1578 times)

Chopper

In DCS Simulator Mic Click Sound Doesn't Work In Multi-player
« on: January 30, 2020, 07:18:42 PM »
Love my VoiceAttack . . use it only for Digital Combat Simulator (DCS) . . works great.

In single player mode I hear a mic click when I give a command.  In multi-player there is nothing . . gives me the feeling that my commands are not being heard.  They are, but would love to have the mic click.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help,

Chopper

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: In DCS Simulator Mic Click Sound Doesn't Work In Multi-player
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 07:21:02 PM »
Is the click sound produced by the game itself in single player? Or are you using a third-party addon for VoiceAttack that does this (E.G. VAICOM PRO)?

Chopper

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 07:53:10 AM »
I am using VAICOM PRO . . I'm assuming the mic click is produced by that.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 07:58:25 AM »
In that case you'll want to contact the author of VAICOM PRO; Their support page lists a thread on the Eagle Dynamics forums, and an email address.

There is currently no native feature in VoiceAttack that allows you to play a sound or trigger a command when a command phrase is recognized.

Chopper

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 03:19:17 PM »
Thanks . . my mistake . . I thought the VAICOM PRO was your product also.
Chopper

Chopper

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2020, 03:41:38 PM »

Re: Changing the PTT notification sound?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 06:36:51 AM »
The PTT (Listening) sounds cannot be changed independently of the other notification sounds (E.G. when toggling keyboard, mouse, or joystick shortcuts).

You can change the global setting for all these sounds using the "Feature On Sound" and "Feature Off Sound" dropdowns on the "Audio" tab of the VoiceAttack options window.

It is also possible to use custom files for these:
Quote from: VoiceAttackHelp.pdf, section "For fun... maybe"
To override the default on/off sounds in VoiceAttack (listening on/off, joysticks on/off, etc.), just add a valid .wav file called, 'sys_on.wav' and/or a file called, 'sys_off.wav' to the same directory that VoiceAttack.exe is located (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack).
If you want to override the default interrupt sound (stop all commands.), just add a file called, ‘sys_stop.wav’. Note that these must be valid .wav files.
If an error is encountered, the sounds are reverted back to the default sounds.
Note also that these sounds will override any selected sounds on the options screen.

===================================================

I guess I didn't state my request correctly . . found this old post and it solved my issue that I was searching for,
Chopper

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2020, 05:17:22 PM »
Ah - I think the confusion came in when you mentioned, 'mic click'.  That's not a term I've seen used here and the assumption would have been that it was being generated by VAICOM.

Glad you got it sorted, Chopper!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2020, 06:32:19 PM »
The feature on/off sound should play at any time unless they are explicitly disabled (or VoiceAttack is muted in the volume mixer), regardless of the target application, even if the sound resource file is not available (it'll fall back to the default built-in sounds).

Are you saying the sounds will only play while DCS is in multiplayer mode if you use separate sound files?