Author Topic: VA and Hyper X cloud flight  (Read 1372 times)

Fish

VA and Hyper X cloud flight
« on: January 26, 2020, 06:26:06 PM »
Hi all,
This is a  fine headset, and does everything I want, except work with Voice attack. Is anyone else using it, and what's you mileage? It misreads my commands or misses them completely. Tried mic volume up and down, and updated firmware. Once I plugin in my Sennheiser game zero, Voice attack works perfect with the game zero, with every command first time at moderate volume (80%), even though I trained windows SR with the cloud flight

Cheers.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: VA and Hyper X cloud flight
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 06:49:24 PM »
Hi, Fish

Does your new headset happen to come with any software that's running?  Sometimes you'll have an app that may have some type of noise reduction going on that may need to be turned off.  For instance, I have a Sennheiser headset, and it comes with an app that has a noise reduction feature that actually degrades speech recognition performance (it also turns noise reduction back on even if I've turned it off at a later time - without me knowing o_O).

It is possible that there's some level of line noise with your new headset (which may not be humanly perceivable).  You'll want to take a run through here (if you haven't already): https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=1635.0

Hope some of that helps!