Author Topic: Voice command to manage other profiles included in the current profile?  (Read 1956 times)

pavsko

I use DCS simulator and I have one profile for each aircraft. I need manually include (add) profile to my main VA DSC profile as well as remove (exclude) the unused one if I want to switch aircraft (some of my commands overlaps between profiles so I cannot include more aircraft profiles together).

I would like to have voice command to include/exclude profile(s) into the actual profile. Is this possible?
THX

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Voice command to manage other profiles included in the current profile?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 11:10:13 AM »
Included (and general) profiles have to be loaded simultaneously with the active profile in order to tabulate the list of command phrases before they're passed to the speech recognition engine, so there is no method for doing so on the fly (as that would mean reloading the entire stack of profiles anyway).

If your profiles use global variables for values that need to be preserved between profile switches (I.E. variable names without ">" or "~" based prefixes), and do not use the "Save value to profile" feature (which will always save to the active profile), you could reverse the relationship between your profiles and include the general one into each aircraft-specific profile.

pavsko

Re: Voice command to manage other profiles included in the current profile?
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 11:34:11 AM »
THX Pfeil, I will try to reverse relationship, good tip!