Author Topic: Error initializing sound errors.  (Read 2737 times)

Incryptx

Error initializing sound errors.
« on: November 10, 2019, 12:42:26 PM »
After upgrading to the new Singularity.vap (v2.2.5) I now get a new string of errors which did not come up in v2.2.4)

1) 8:56:04 AM - Error initializing sound - 'D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack\Profile sounds\Generic\Extra Content\((rs - goodbye))\non-verbose\Goodbye.mp3' : The type initializer for 'Un4seen.Bass.Bass' threw an exception.
2) 8:54:21 AM - Error initializing sound - 'D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack\Profile sounds\Generic\Profile\((rs - welcome 2))\non-verbose\All systems prepared.mp3' : The type initializer for 'Un4seen.Bass.Bass' threw an exception.
3) 8:54:03 AM - Error initializing sound - 'D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack\Profile sounds\Generic\Profile\((rs - welcome))\Personal pack\Personal responses_0149.mp3' : The type initializer for 'Un4seen.Bass.Bass' threw an exception.

All of these seem to throw exceptions.

I am unable to resolve why these are now occuring.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Error initializing sound errors.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 01:20:13 PM »
These were working fine before you updated?

Can you confirm the files actually exist in the paths that are specified?  That is, can you browse to (for example) ''D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack\Profile sounds\Generic\Extra Content\((rs - goodbye))\non-verbose\' and play, 'Goodbye.mp3' using a media player (such as VLC)

Something as simple as a reboot can also cure unexplained audio weirdness.

Anybody else out there experiencing this?

Incryptx

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 01:47:51 PM »
Yes, all were working fine under Singularity 2.2.4.

Confirmed, all the files are present in the correct locations.

Reinstalled all voicepacks to the current versions. Rininstalled HSCTools. Errors are still there. Rolled back to Singularity 2.2.4. and everything works fine.

It's the singularity v2.2.5 which caused this problem. I have no idea why.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 02:59:32 PM »
If the files copied by Singularity end up in the very same locations, there's probably something up with the files themselves.  You'll want to make a copy of a file that you know works fine (from v2.2.4) into a safe place, then install v2.2.5.  If the problem persists, you'll want to compare the two files to see if there is a difference.  I'm wondering if something just got borked up in your installation, as if this was a widespread problem, this forum (as well as HCS's forum) would be lit up and quite busy.  Have you checked over on HCS's forum to see if there's a known issue?

Incryptx

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 12:03:30 PM »
It works with 2.2.4 but does not with 2.2.5

I have copied the files out, compared them, they are fine.

I have installed all voicepacks after downloading the current set, and the error remains.

There is nothing wrong with the files themselves. All I can say is it works fine with 2.2.4.

Incryptx

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 03:13:04 PM »
Although I do not understand why this occured. but I reinstalled VA v1.7.8 and everything works fine now.

Since I get my VA from steam, I did verify the VA files through Steam and It did not pick up any new files.

So I downloaded the non-steam version, overwrote the steam version and had steam reverify the files.

Problem solved.