Author Topic: Lost Voice Attack Respnses  (Read 1216 times)

Davemartin88

Lost Voice Attack Respnses
« on: October 26, 2019, 06:00:41 AM »
Maybe I’m going crazy? I added a Subpac haptic speaker using a Bluetooth connection to my PC playing Elite Dangerous with a Rift S VR headset. First time I used it, all is well, getting bass responses on the Subpac, normal ED respnses on the Rift S headphones, and Voice Ataack audio on the Rift S headset. Something changed and I can’t figure out how to get the Voice Attack respnses to the headset with subpac still working? Responses are being routed over the Bluetooth connection instead of to the Rift S. If I change the audio in the Voice Attack settings, responses go to the headset but no longer get the bass responses on the Bluetooth connection. Thinking this is something basis and may not have explained this well enough but I know it worked once. Is there a way to make a change in Voice Attack so it only affects sound coming from Voice Attack? The microphone is fine, commands are accepted and executed, just no sound.  Thanks in advance.

iceblast

Re: Lost Voice Attack Respnses
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 10:06:01 AM »
Bluetooth usually doesn't allow high quality sound and the mic to work at the same time. Unless the headset is using special drivers specifically designed for the feature.

I know that can be a problem with some headsets with a mic. Usually what happens is you lose audio. So I'm guessing the bluetooth is where the problem is coming from.

You might have gotten lucky with it working once.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 10:43:28 AM »
If you're using the "Set Windows Default Multimedia Audio Playback Device on Startup" to switch devices that would affect all audio on your machine that uses the default multimedia playback device.

If you want to play sounds and/or TTS over a device that is not set as default, the "Override Default Playback Device" and "Override Default Text-to-Speech Device" options should do that.

Also make sure to set "Audio Output Type" to "Integrated Components".

Davemartin88

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 04:39:02 AM »
Thanks. Will give this a try.

Davemartin88

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 05:22:44 PM »
Made the suggested changes and working now. Thanks for the help.