Author Topic: Profiles not importing well  (Read 2000 times)

bd100

Profiles not importing well
« on: October 06, 2019, 09:36:02 AM »
Kind of strange, I exported/saved my profiles files, & did a win10 install.  Then imported the saved profiles, & had some commands missing. :o 

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Profiles not importing well
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 01:17:42 PM »
Were they commands that were linked in from another profile (through the profile options screen)?  That would be the only way a set of commands would not be in an exported set (other than explicitly excluding them from the export).

bd100

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 05:30:23 PM »
Sorry, I misstated the problem.  Should have said "unable to change profile-profile not available"  didn't carry over.  I probably did something wrong, but was easy to fix.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 05:39:39 PM »
Ah - you'll probably want to change your profile switch action to switch profiles by name.  The first option (the drop down list) is for ease so the user can change profile names without having to worry about updating actions.  This is problematic if you're exporting your profile, as it will lose the reference to the underlying id.  This is all carry-over from long ago, prior to exporting/importing multiple profiles.  You'll want to try out the second option, 'switch by name (advanced)'.  Just remember that if you change the name of your profile, you'll need to update the actions that reference it.  I should probably make that the first option and remove the, 'advanced' - as now it really should be the preferred way (and it's really not that advanced ) o_O