Author Topic: VA and VaicomPro  (Read 2438 times)

gpbarth

VA and VaicomPro
« on: September 04, 2019, 07:35:43 PM »
I have tried until I am hoarse, but I simply cannot get VA and VaicomPro to work together. I don't have any problems with speech, and I have a high-end headset/microphone, so it's not my mic, either. Anyway, I'm dumping Vaicom, and going back to just VA! Problem is, when Vaicom installed, it replaced whatever VA had for a profile with the Vaicom profile.

My question is, without re-installing VA, can I dump the Vaicom profile and restore whatever VA had before the install? How do I reset VA to pre-Vaicom status?

-= Gary =-

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VA and VaicomPro
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 08:32:30 PM »
You can create a new profile, which will be blank, after which you can delete the VAICOM profile.

Alternatively, you can delete your profile database and its backups (make sure VoiceAttack isn't running when you do), after which VoiceAttack will create a fresh database including the example profile (and only that profile; Any others will be gone when you delete the database) when it next starts; Both can be found under %Appdata%\VoiceAttack (you can click the "Click here to browse VoiceAttack's data folder." link on the "System / Advanced" tab of the VoiceAttack options window to open it in explorer).