Author Topic: Not entirely random...  (Read 1287 times)

Mike308

Not entirely random...
« on: August 10, 2019, 07:59:53 AM »
Does the random TTS function, where text strings are separated by semicolons, have the ability to not repeat a random choice until the rest of the choices have been selected/played?  i.e...

5 TTS choices for a response.  1; 2; 3; 4; 5      RNG pick #3   
Next time the possible choices are  1; 2; 4; 5   RNG picks #5   leaves  1; 2; 4...

When you whittle down to the last one, the pool resets with all possible answers.

This would reduce the phenomena when a response occasionally seems stuck on one answer simply because RNG is random and may pick the same answer multiple times.

I'm guessing there is a way to variable the heck out of the problem, but that block would need to be edited for every instance (I think...) to conform to the number of max possible responses. I was wondering if the capability had been considered before and a provision was already in the program.  Thank you!

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Not entirely random...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 10:12:15 AM »
That's been implemented for random sounds (see, 'Suppress Repeat').  This has not been implemented for TTS as TTS can be completely variable (with tokens) and can be constantly changed.

I guess it *could* be implemented with the understanding that the list would not be updated until after it is exhausted.

Mike308

Re: Not entirely random...
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 10:26:34 AM »
LOL, *could" as in one of a zillion things people are asking for!  It would certainly be a 'nice to have' but probably low on the priority ladder. I've just run into that a few times and it felt 'stuck' but Random is Random...

I have more fun playing around with my VA profiles than I do playing most games.