Author Topic: Sound file and TTS at same time...  (Read 1977 times)

Technomancer

• I have a bad feeling about this...
Sound file and TTS at same time...
« on: July 11, 2019, 12:29:13 PM »
So, I have this action that plays a .wav file from a folder, but it plays at the same time that TTS is also uttering some dialog.

It used to work just fine, with the .wav playing in the "background" while TTS uttered the dialog.

But now, the sound won't play while TTS is active and only starts after TTS is done.

I do not have any "wait until this command finishes" commands selected and they are all flagged "Allow other commands to execute...".  Like I said, it was working before.

The thing is that VA had a catastrophic crash when I tried to use 1.7.2.41 ( I think ) and I actually had to uninstall VA, delete the App Data folder AND go through the registry and delete all the VA entries to even get the previous VA version to start. Until I did all that, the previous version would immediately crash on start-up.

This is STRICTLY a gaming PC and basically all I have on it is SimTools, ED, Steam VR, NVidia drivers and the PiMax VR software...all of which have been on there since before the problem.

I guess my point is that maybe I had some different VA settings that I can't remember now that would allow sound files and TTS to play simultaneously...not sure.

HELP? :P

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Sound file and TTS at same time...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 12:31:11 PM »
On the "Audio" tab of the VoiceAttack options window, is the "Audio Output Type" option set to "Integrated Components"?

If not, try changing it to that.

Technomancer

• I have a bad feeling about this...
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 12:36:49 PM »
I tried that and it didn't work.

Additionally, with that option selected, TTS and soundfiles took a good 5 seconds to initiate.  :\

I didn't try Legacy Audio because I remember reading that a couple of things would not work correctly with VA with that option?  But I'm willing to try, if you think that might help.

EDIT:  I also haven't tried the latest beta.  I'll try that also, when I get home.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 12:47:53 PM »
Legacy Audio is fairly basic, it cannot play anything but .wav files, though it should still allow simultaneous play of sound files and TTS.

That delay is not normal, and "Integrated Components" should play everything simultaneously.

I would recommend a system file scan.

Also make sure your audio drivers are up-to-date.