Author Topic: Non-English Words  (Read 7427 times)

Habu

Non-English Words
« on: July 14, 2016, 08:02:43 AM »
I am using VA with DCSW and have created a profile that includes commands for the air traffic control towers, such as Nalchick, Beslan, Krasnodar, Tiblisi. I can not get VA to recognize those type of words. It keeps trying to identify similar English words and returns unrecognized input. I have tried some phonetic spellings to no avail. Program functions well in all other respects. Any advice?

Nagual

Re: Non-English Words
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 08:46:26 AM »
While I can't say how to get those words into the speech recognition engine, what you could do it take the words it thinks you are saying and use those for the "when I say" part.

Habu

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 08:58:09 AM »
Right. Probably the best work-around.

Habu

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 10:04:42 AM »
Update. Operator error. The non-English words in my profile are Prefix commands, so of course they are not recognized without a suffix.

New problem, tho. The profile has commands that require an F1 input for a menu system. F1 also invokes Voice Attack Help web site. Any way to disable the F1 help hotkey?

Antaniserse

• Global Moderator
    • My VA plugins
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 12:50:26 AM »
New problem, tho. The profile has commands that require an F1 input for a menu system. F1 also invokes Voice Attack Help web site. Any way to disable the F1 help hotkey?
F1 is not a global hotkey, so it should invoke the help file only if the VA Window has the focus and/or the key is allowed to be "passed through"

Be sure to check the "Do not allow this key to be passed through" option and it should work fine... just tested with the lastest version, no issues
"I am not perfect and neither was my career. In the end tennis is like life, messy."
Marat Safin