Author Topic: [v1.7.5.23] Profile won't change after unload command is deleted  (Read 2365 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
If a command is assigned to the "Execute a command each time this profile is unloaded" and subsequently deleted (either before or after the profile has been saved), "UNABLE TO EXECUTE PROFILE UNLOAD COMMAND. COMMAND NOT AVAILABLE." will be written to the log when attempting to change away from that profile, and while the profile name displayed by the "Profile" dropdown will change, opening the "Edit a Profile" window will show the profile with the unload command is still loaded (only commands from the unload command profile will execute, as well).

Restarting VoiceAttack does not fix this (selecting a different profile before restarting will load that profile on startup and allow normal operation, but loading into the affected profile will still "trap" you in it).

This is not fully resolved until the "Profile Options" window is opened (to any tab, though the "Profile Exec" tab will show no unload command is selected; The dropdown is greyed out and the checkbox unchecked), and the profile saved by clicking the "Done" button (The "Apply" button does not enable when an option is changed).

Deleting a command assigned to the other "Profile Exec" options does not seem to cause consistent issues, other than the message also repeating until saving the profile options again (I did get a weird behavior once where reloading a profile that had its "Execute a command each time this profile is loaded" command deleted would load a random profile, though only profiles that also had a startup command, however I can't replicate that).

As an aside, opening the "Profile" dropdown and clicking the unload command profile will display "UNABLE TO EXECUTE PROFILE UNLOAD COMMAND. COMMAND NOT AVAILABLE."; Doing this with a valid command in place will run the unload command as if the profile was changed to another.

All this also occurs in v1.7.5

I can make this a separate feature request if you prefer, but would it be possible to have a warning message when deleting a command used for one or more "Profile Exec" options (as is already the case for commands that are the target of an "Execute Another Command" action when using its "Execute selected command" option)?

EDIT: Fixed in v1.7.5.24; Unload behavior when clicking the same profile in the dropdown is as intended.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 07:27:26 PM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
Re: [v1.7.5.23] Profile won't change after unload command is deleted
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 06:35:19 PM »
Ok - I think this is all solved.  I also added in the warnings (there is an individual warning for each one - I don't think a summary is necessary as these rarely should overlap and deletes of referenced items is a bit rare).

Good catch!

I put a build out in the unofficial bin - http://voiceattack.com/unofficial

Edit - This does not retroactively fix profiles where this condition exists.  You'll have to edit your profile and click, 'Done'.