Author Topic: Hotkey toggle for xsplit only works once  (Read 4189 times)

Agent86

Hotkey toggle for xsplit only works once
« on: May 18, 2019, 02:11:18 PM »
Hi,

If I click the xsplit broadcaster and manually hotkey alt+1 I can toggle on and off the broadcast.

I created a voice command using the same hotkey function to toggle on/off the broadcast and sending the command to the target windows.

It starts the broadcast but it can't stop the broadcast. Seems like it's not focused for stopping the broadcast but I really don't know.

Please advise
Thanks

P.S
Log shows this:
4:14:06 PM - Unable to get a target for command 'Stop live streaming' (Command Level).  Check the, 'Send commands to' setting for your command.
4:14:06 PM - External command : 'Stop live streaming'
4:13:45 PM - External command : 'Start live streaming'

Note: These are both identical commands

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Hotkey toggle for xsplit only works once
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 02:52:43 PM »
How is your command targeting set up?

Agent86

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 07:19:53 AM »
How is your command targeting set up?

Commands in voiceattack are set to key press, then send command to target xsplit broadcaster.

There is a NOTE:
In xsplit that "xsplit must be in focus" in order for these keys to work.
I was only testing so I did not take the xsplit window out of focus and only noticed that the hotkeys work from the keyboard as they should, and that voiceattack also works as it should. It's only when broadcasting or recording that voiceattack commands no longer do anything in xsplit.

Almost as if voiceattack somehow loses focus while broadcasting somehow.

Thanks

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 07:45:05 AM »
If you've entered a window title as the target, especially one without wildcards, make sure that doesn't change while broadcasting.

Alternatively you may want to try targeting the process name instead.

Agent86

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 06:35:51 PM »
If you've entered a window title as the target, especially one without wildcards, make sure that doesn't change while broadcasting.

Alternatively you may want to try targeting the process name instead.

Thanks for the replies.

I got it working. The window title does indeed change when I start broadcasting. I tried the title text but it did not work and then just use wild cards. The title actually changes to *Watermark* Because the paid version is Watermark off, and the unpaid version is titles Watermark on. So that becomes the title window name once you start to broadcast with exception of the NDI connector broadcast.

Anyhow thanks