Author Topic: Activating commands in background program  (Read 2295 times)

KuruptU4Fun

Activating commands in background program
« on: May 16, 2019, 09:05:05 AM »
I'm trying to run Star Citizen with Track IR in the background. If I list "Target - Active Window" the commands I have specific to Track IR don't work while playing SC.

If I send command "lock/unlock Track IR" and set it to Track IR specifically it pushes the active window into the background.

How do I avoid this and keep SC in the foreground while it recognizes commands for Track IR?

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Activating commands in background program
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 09:30:38 AM »
There is no reliable method for sending keystrokes to a specific target without that target having window focus (this is how Windows is designed).

Does the game itself not have TrackIR controls? Most flight sims that support TrackIR that I know of have built-in (possibly optional, I.E. not assigned by default) keybinds for it.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 11:23:22 AM »
The other thing is that you could look towards is seeing if TrackIR can set a *global hotkey* for the various functions.

KuruptU4Fun

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 04:57:17 AM »
There is no reliable method for sending keystrokes to a specific target without that target having window focus (this is how Windows is designed).

Does the game itself not have TrackIR controls? Most flight sims that support TrackIR that I know of have built-in (possibly optional, I.E. not assigned by default) keybinds for it.

Currently no, but it's also in development and likely a feature in the future. Thanks!