Author Topic: Occasional Audio Cutout  (Read 1819 times)

dranck

Occasional Audio Cutout
« on: May 08, 2019, 03:31:40 PM »
I absolutely love VA! I do have one issue I can't find a resolution for yet.

I'm using VA 1.7.5 with ED, HCS Voicepacks and EDDI. Everything works great except that every once in a while (usually in the heat of battle  :( ) the audio stops working. The mic stops responding. If I just open the audio tab in VA settings without changing anything, it starts to work again. I have the audio set to integrated components already. I *think* it happens when EDDI speaks and the sound skips a bit. Perhaps there are too many simultaneous sounds?

Has anyone had a similar issue or have any ideas?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Occasional Audio Cutout
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 05:26:03 PM »
Did you get my message on Steam?  ;)

Here's what I put over there:

If you are going back and forth into the Options screen, the underlying speech engine is being reset. You had mentioned EDDI - I'm pretty sure EDDI uses an instance of the speech engine as well. My suggestion would be to try disabling the EDDI plugin and see if that makes a difference. I know it's kind of a stretch to give up stuff like that, even to test. There is also a feature in the main screen's menu (the VA icon in the top-left corner) that allows you to reset the speech engine (works like opening and closing the options screen). Just thought I'd throw that out there as a shortcut.

dranck

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 07:47:06 AM »
Thanks! I didn't know about the reset menu item. I'll try that out. Perhaps I can bind a macro key to trigger it.

dranck

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 06:16:52 PM »
Thanks Gary, I created a macro in VA activated by a key combination that opens the menu, (alt+space), several down arrows to get the the menu option, and Enter key. I then assigned the key combo to an used button on my X52 throttle. Next time I run into the problem, I should be able to reset the speech engine quickly.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 07:01:50 PM »
Instead of using a macro that controls the UI, you could use this (C#) inline function:
Code: [Select]
public class VAInline
{
public void main()
{
VA.Utility.ResetSpeechEngine();
}
}

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2019, 11:01:02 PM »
^^^  That's the only way to currently do this - I may have a UI element at some point.

dranck

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 01:54:31 PM »
// I'll set this up tonight
// Thanks!

public void ThanksForTheHelp()
{
     Inline.Function == Great.Idea;
}

Thanks Pfeil and Gary!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 06:05:27 PM by dranck »