Author Topic: Open Sim Commander minimized  (Read 3437 times)

Agent86

Open Sim Commander minimized
« on: April 25, 2019, 06:12:34 AM »
Hi,

I made a video to describe this best.  Forgive the poor audio quality of my headset without noise cancelling etc.
The subject does not change when running voiceattack as admin or running both voiceattack and sim commander as admin just fyi.

https://youtu.be/m7MlHLKHtlU

If I make windows shortcut and select to open minimized it doesn't.
If I use windows function to open this program and target window minimized it does not minimize

Is is possible that the windows function will not work with all windows titles but has to be some specific type of window or application ?

I should note that sim commander doesn't show it's title but if I hover over the task bar when it's running that is how I get the title. The title pops up or if I use alt+tab is shows title windows of all open windows.

Is it possible that there is a title named that I just can't see and perhaps this is why I get the message "unable to acquire" ?

Please advise where I should be looking or if I really do not have the correct window title name perhaps ?
Thanks

iceblast

Re: Open Sim Commander minimized
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 08:42:05 AM »
Try this command.

ALT+ESC

It will move the foreground window, to the background. This works on most programs.

Or

Instead of targeting the windows title. Target the process name. 

Agent86

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 09:05:44 AM »
Try this command.

ALT+ESC

It will move the foreground window, to the background. This works on most programs.

Or

Thanks for the reply

NO key presses will work either including alt+F4 because of "unable to acquire window"

When I go to task manager and see the process, and right click the process I can bring to front, minimize etc.
However, for some reason voiceattack is not seeing the window title even though it's a selection shown in the list of open windows.

Does the voiceattack "window function/minimize" do the same thing that the task manager does when minimizing or when I click the X of the window ?

Thanks

Agent86

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 09:17:24 AM »
Try this command.

ALT+ESC

Or

Thanks for the reply

NO key presses will work in a command for an "unable to acquire window" It would seem the title name is not being found. If I select active window then it just closes voiceattack.
I don't know why it can't acquire window because that is surely the issue.

Also the process name in task manager appears to be the same, however it's a sub task of the main process which is Sim Commander 4 (32) then under that is SimXperience Commander 4 which is the process in the task manager that allows me to min/max,move to backround or front etc.

When I go to task manager and see the process, and right click the process I can bring to front, minimize etc.
However, for some reason voiceattack is not seeing the window title even though it's a selection shown in the list of open windows.

Does the voiceattack "window function/minimize" do the same thing that the task manager does when minimizing or when I click the X of the window ?

Thanks

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 09:26:55 AM »
Have you tried wildcards in your window names?

That is, if you have a window named, 'My text - Notepad', that you are trying to access try, '*notepad*'.

Also - are you running Teamviewer or anything similar that may be interfering?

Agent86

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 12:22:27 PM »
Have you tried wildcards in your window names?

That is, if you have a window named, 'My text - Notepad', that you are trying to access try, '*notepad*'.

Also - are you running Teamviewer or anything similar that may be interfering?

Yes I have tried wildcards.
no other teamviewer etc.

I think I figured out something though. Although running voiceattack as admin didn't have an effect on some apps it does seem to allow access to the title window for sim commander.

So I really don't understand why running voiceattack as admin would allow a simple windows function to minimize,close,maximize for sim commander but voiceattack cannot make use of windows function for this app as standard user.

It does not seem like voiceattack should require admin to minimize or close a window.

Thanks

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 12:32:30 PM »
If I recall, you're running "sim commander" as admin, and an application in a lower security context cannot manipulate an application running in a higher security context.

Agent86

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2019, 12:59:38 PM »
If I recall, you're running "sim commander" as admin, and an application in a lower security context cannot manipulate an application running in a higher security context.

Yes

This is very strange. I ran sim commander as admin, because because I wanted to bypass the UAC window that I get when I run the sim commander application. I mean I get UAC all the time for sim commander that has always been the way it was since I installed it and still is. I can literally click the .exe in the sim commander folder and get the UAC. Sim commander forums complain about this too.

However, running voiceattack as admin did not change this either. However today for no reason, I can use voiceattack as admin to open sim commander .exe without using the shortcut that I created in the task scheduler to bypass the UAC.

Now this is very strange.
I got weird issues going on LOL.
I'll keep hacking at this but it's very strange symptom for sure.

Thanks for all the help and I'll work on this some more.