Author Topic: How to run a shortcut  (Read 3716 times)

Agent86

How to run a shortcut
« on: April 23, 2019, 02:39:11 PM »
I followed the instructions in the FAQ section regarding how to bypass UAC screen

The created task scheduler item and the shortcut works for the application "Sim Commander 4" and will run without UAC screen popping up.
However, I cannot figure out how to run the shortcut with a voiceattack command

Shortcut target is:
C:\Windows\System32\schtasks.exe /RUN /TN "UAC White\Sim Commander 4 UAC enabled"

Please advise
Thanks

« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 04:26:10 PM by Agent86 »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: How to run a shortcut
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 04:33:14 PM »
Are you running VoiceAttack itself as administrator?

Agent86

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 06:44:30 PM »
Are you running VoiceAttack itself as administrator?

I was not running as admin, but here is what seems to have happened after more testing.

parameters requires space before the '/'    in order to run this parameter /RUN /TN "UAC White\Sim Commander 4 UAC enabled"

So it seems the path is correct and I only needed to ad a space before the /RUN in order to execute property.

I still can't seem to get any application to open using the options such as normal, minimized, maximized, hiddent etc.
There does not seem to be any change in the window for these option selections.

Thanks

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 06:58:18 PM »
I still can't seem to get any application to open using the options such as normal, minimized, maximized, hiddent etc.

For launched applications in general, or only those started through task scheduler?

Agent86

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 07:58:26 PM »

For launched applications in general, or only those started through task scheduler?

All launched applications in general.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 08:27:29 PM »
Have you tried this with notepad?

The underlying method used should be a basic Windows API feature(System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()), so if there's something going wrong it's unlikely to be with VoiceAttack itself.

Agent86

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 06:07:46 AM »
Have you tried this with notepad?

The underlying method used should be a basic Windows API feature(System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()), so if there's something going wrong it's unlikely to be with VoiceAttack itself.

Ok, thanks I'll post a new question about this specific subject since my post was answered for running the shortcut of scheduler etc. Thanks