Author Topic: [v1.7.3.6] "Reset the Active Profile" does not reset the active recording device  (Read 1632 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Quote from: VoiceAttackHelp.pdf page 38, 'Reset the Active Profile'
The speech engine will also be reloaded (of course)
If you do need to change the recording device through Control Panel, you'll need to reset the Windows speech engine instance within VoiceAttack.  If you have one of the later betas, you can click on the icon in the top-left corner of VA's main screen and select, 'Reset Speech Engine', or, you can include the, 'Reset Profile' action within a command.
(Bold emphasis mine)

Apparently it is intended that the "Reset the Active Profile" action resets the speech recognition engine in such a way that which recording device it takes input from is also updated(provided it is set up to use the Windows default recording device), however it does not appear that this occurs.

Resetting the speech recognition engine using the "ResetSpeechEngine()" method in an inline function will update the active recording device, as will using the "Change Default Audio Devices" action to change recording devices, however using the "Reset the Active Profile" action will not; Tokens in command phrases are updated, so the action does run, but the active recording device remains the same.

I will note that modifying the profile and applying the changes(thus triggering an update of the phrase list) will not update the active recording device either.

EDIT: Working as intended, not an issue.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 10:35:17 PM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
My bad - I was thinking that resetting the profile dropped the instance of the speech engine.  It, in fact, does not.