Author Topic: says multiple commands  (Read 3257 times)

firebrand83

says multiple commands
« on: March 10, 2019, 02:01:19 PM »
So i been using voice attack for some time now with some games i play. i use the text to speech option with most of my commands so i know there running correctly, and they have multiple sayings in them to. For a while it was working fine, but now it says all the commands instead of just one. example: i say "Emma" and it reply's with " yes commander" or "yes sir". But now it will say BOTH of them, instead of one. i know before a way to get it to work in the macro, would be to use ; (IE: yes sir;yes commander) but even with a space before the ; after on either side of the command, it still says both. there a fix for this? Currently am on windows 10 if that makes a difference.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: says multiple commands
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 02:24:34 PM »
Hi, Firebrand.

What you'll want to do is to either export your profile with just the affected command and post it here, OR, right-click in your action list (when you edit a command) and select, 'Copy all as text'.  Then, post the text here.  The actions you are using can then be examined and hopefully a solution is found.

firebrand83

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 12:53:44 PM »
here is just one of many multiple speech commands I'm having issues with, hope this helps.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 01:24:48 PM »
Do you see multiple "Recognized" messages for the same command in the log when this occurs?

What happens when you click the "Preview" button inside the "Say Something with Text-To-Speech" action?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 01:26:19 PM »
Thank you for the profile.  I don't see anything in there that would make it do what you are describing - that's some really old code in there that does that, too.

If you import the profile you just sent BACK into VoiceAttack and execute the single command in there, does it still do what you are describing?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 01:26:51 PM »
Do you see multiple "Recognized" messages for the same command in the log when this occurs?

That's where I was going ;)

firebrand83

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 01:35:59 PM »
this is all i see in the edit screen https://gyazo.com/ae2a222500090efca6ff53f19d15d4d9 https://gyazo.com/54644e13b035ac029e64962b831f4f26

as far as having only the one text to speech in there. No, it doesn't play multiple. But if i was to add the 2nd line of text, then it will say it right after the first one. I don't know if I'm using the most recent version of VA. More then likely it's a older version.

firebrand83

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 01:51:55 PM »
So it was the version that was the issue. I just updated to the current release, and everything work's fine. no double saying the commands, nothing. Thank you both for the fast responses and help!  ;D