Author Topic: Voice Attack hears me, but does not work or even register unrecognized commands  (Read 4711 times)

Bubby

Installed Voice Attack yesterday and spent a few hours trying to make it work. bleh.

Voice Attack does actually hear me. The bar at the bottom moves, but nothing shows up in the activity box, not even unrecognized commands.

I ran the Windows Speech Recognition and it works great, opens programs and types words for me. But Voice Attack can hear me but does not do any commands.

I've run it as administrator. Re-installed it. Changed languages, regions, times.

Windows 10

Any help appreciated.

Gary

• Administrator
Hmmm.  That's a new one that I haven't seen before.

On your Options screen on the System/Advanced tab, is the, 'Enable Log Quiet Mode' check box checked?

Also, are you running with any plugins active?  Something to try is creating a new profile with a single simple command in it.

You'll also want to look at this thread, as some have had situations where they *thought* they were using their headset mic for speech recognition, but it turned out their webcam was picking them up (seems out there, but it has happened):
https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=63.0

Hoping it's something simple ;)

Bubby

"Enable Log Quiet Mode" is not checked.

I've created 3 new profiles with simple commands, no luck.

I've isolated and used 2 different mics, no luck.

It still hears me, but does not do commands and does not tell me its an unrecognized command.

Just lost at this point. I've looked up every help forum and tried it all.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
I honestly don't know how diagnostically relevant this will be, but if you're up for it you can try listening to what the speech recognition engine hears:

Create a new command, in the "Add a Command" window click "Other >", "Sounds", "Captured Audio".
Set the "Type" option to "Captured audio (Recognized or Unrecognized)", check the "Play back the captured audio" option, click "OK" to add the action, click "OK" to close the "Add a Command" window, click "Apply" to save the changes to the profile.

Now speak into your microphone so you see the bar move, stop speaking and wait until the bar stops moving, then right-click the command you created and choose "Execute" from the context menu. What you've just said should be played back.

Does it sound normal? Is the volume low?