Author Topic: Steam Version: Windows 10, "VA Set to Autostart but does not"  (Read 1702 times)

Incryptx

Steam Version: Windows 10, "VA Set to Autostart but does not"
« on: February 08, 2019, 09:58:14 AM »
I switched to the Steam Version of VA, and set it to "Autostart" with Windows 10, so it would be present at login, but it refuses to "Autostart".

I set it to run as administrator, even created a VA shortcut and put it in the StartUp folder, but it refuses to "Autostart".

I think this is a bug. Anyone have a work-a-round?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Steam Version: Windows 10, "VA Set to Autostart but does not"
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 11:35:06 AM »
It's not a bug - Windows will not allow an application run as an administrator to be launched at startup.  There are workarounds, but your mileage may vary:

https://superuser.com/questions/929225/how-to-run-a-program-as-an-administrator-at-startup-on-windows-10

Also, you may want to look at why VA is being run as an administrator - is it necessary?  If it is necessary because the application that it is targeting is run as an administrator, is it necessary for the target to be run as an administrator?

Incryptx

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 10:36:56 PM »
I was running it as admin to test why it was not running as autostart.

Of course VA does not need to run as admin.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 09:18:38 PM »
I've updated the documentation and tooltip to explain this.  Not entirely sure anyone will notice the tiny blurb, but at least it's in there ;)