Author Topic: Make VA start when win 10 boots up  (Read 1558 times)

Delta1

Make VA start when win 10 boots up
« on: January 31, 2019, 02:33:11 PM »
I found the check box (and checked it) that is suppose to start VA when I start Win 10 but it don't work.
I heard somewhere that a line that has to be added to the register to make it work (?)
Advice ??
Thanks,
Delta1

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Make VA start when win 10 boots up
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 03:42:51 PM »
The usual problem is running VA as an administrator.  If you are running VA as an administrator, try not doing so and see if that helps.

Delta1

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 06:47:14 PM »
This did solve the start up problem...however... the rest of the program stopped working.
VA will only work on my computer if I run it in admin mode.
So I'm back to square one again. I think I will not worry about VA starting on boot, it's not hard to click on it.
Delta1

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 07:26:23 PM »
Windows prevents applications run as an administrator from running at startup.  You may want to look at this thread:
https://superuser.com/questions/929225/how-to-run-a-program-as-an-administrator-at-startup-on-windows-10

It offers two methods - one is to create a script and the other is to add an event to the task scheduler (both are relatively easy).

I've added a note to look at popping up a warning if VA is being run as an administrator that it will not start up. 

Thank you for letting me know!

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 08:40:12 AM »
The method mentioned in that article is effectively what I use to launch both VA and Speedfan at startup.