Author Topic: VoiceAttack not registering voice  (Read 7924 times)

shooternc

VoiceAttack not registering voice
« on: June 30, 2016, 11:17:06 PM »
I had downloaded the trial version of VoiceAttack to use on ED and it worked fine, so I decided to upgrade and purchase a key. Shortly after putting in the key, VoiceAttack stopped accepting any voice input. The small meter at the bottom of the app does not move. I have already tried every step outlined in this forum and on the troubleshoot guide to no avail. I am using an MSI, windows 10, GTX 960m, i7.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: VoiceAttack not registering voice
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 03:07:42 AM »
If you have checked out this thread:
http://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=63.0

and this thread:
http://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=64.0

and neither of these work, something has changed on your machine.  The main thing that needs to be stressed is that the Windows speech engine that VoiceAttack uses depends on the default input device to do its thing.

(The registration of VoiceAttack does not change the nature of the software, just the number of items you see in your list and enables a few context-related buttons (like, 'import a profile')).

shooternc

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 05:15:31 AM »
I have gone through the steps outlined in both threads with no progress. Should I simply uninstall and re install?

shooternc

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 08:16:25 AM »
I may have found the issue. However it doesn't make much sense to me because I am not very tech savvy. I was originally using a TV as a second monitor on my computer, and if I have the TV connected to the computer it works fine. The second I disconnect my TV from my computer it no longer registers any voice commands even if the TV is not set as default Playback. Am I missing something? This is all a bit new to me, I apologize if it doesn't make any sense.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 09:24:18 PM »
What steps in the listed threads above were you able to work through?

yxpoh

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 04:18:52 AM »
Do that TV of yours happen to have a microphone?

Perhaps a smart Tv that allows voice activation too?

Cos voice attack might have default the microphone to the Tv which result failure of voice recognition when it's disconnected...

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 08:25:32 AM »
Good point.

Astral_Nomad

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 10:05:00 PM »
You can always try re-training Windows Speech Recognition. What a lot of people don't realize is that Windows can identify your "normal" sounding voice... but if there is -any- change in your voice (ie. you have the flu, you have had teeth pulled, whatever), windows will not recognize your voice - it doesnt think its you.