Author Topic: Dumb Question - Editing Profiles and Commands  (Read 5223 times)

richaardvark

Dumb Question - Editing Profiles and Commands
« on: December 18, 2018, 01:01:06 PM »
Hi All,

I'm sorry for this very dumb question: what is the easiest way to update command coding, or paste code into a profile?

For example, if someone gives some code, such as this example from @Pfeil:

It can't type words at the moment you're speaking them, but it can once you finish a sentence and pause.

You can use the dictation mode for this, however note that dictation is the weakest mode of the Microsoft Speech Recognition engine, so accuracy may not be satisfactory.

EDIT: As an example, this command will speak whatever you type, until you press enter:
Code: [Select]
Start Loop While : [{STATE_KEYSTATE:ENTER}] Equals '0'
Start Dictation Mode (Clearing Dictation Buffer)
Start Loop While : [{EXP:{DICTATION} + {STATE_KEYSTATE:ENTER}}] Equals '0'
End Loop
Stop Dictation Mode
Quick Input, '{DICTATION}'
End Loop
you'll have to pause every once in awhile, so the recognition can catch up and type things out.

How can I insert this coding into a working profile?  Maybe this is not possible and everyone manually re-creates all lines of code one line at a time every time someone pastes code on here?

I'm trying to implement the coding above, but can't figure out how to make this line of code happen with the GUI interface: 
I've tried to figure this out for about a year now and have look through documentation/forums, etc. but I'm just clueless.  It takes me forever to go through all of the menu choices, trying to figure out which buttons/check boxes/options will give me the certain specific lines of code.  Surely there's a way to just paste this into VoiceAttack or a VoiceAttack file using Notepad or another text editor??

Thank you for your help!

Richard

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Dumb Question - Editing Profiles and Commands
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 01:10:20 PM »
everyone manually re-creates all lines of code one line at a time every time someone pastes code on here?
Yep.

Surely there's a way to just paste this into VoiceAttack or a VoiceAttack file using Notepad or another text editor??
Nope.

I'm trying to implement the coding above, but can't figure out how to make this line of code happen with the GUI interface: 
In the "Add/Edit a Command" window, click  "Other >", "Advanced", "Add a Loop Start", "Single Condition (While Loop)"

Click the "Text" tab, enter "{EXP:{DICTATION} + {STATE_KEYSTATE:ENTER}}" into the "Variable Name / Token" field, enter "0" into the "Text" field, click "OK".

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 02:07:02 PM »
Sorry, Rich... VA is not an code compiler.  It's just a gui interface that's grown in options over the years.  The, 'code' displayed is a text representation of actions within a command.  You can always request that the author upload what they have as an exported profile that you can then import its command(s).

richaardvark

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 07:23:02 PM »
everyone manually re-creates all lines of code one line at a time every time someone pastes code on here?
Yep.

Surely there's a way to just paste this into VoiceAttack or a VoiceAttack file using Notepad or another text editor??
Nope.

In the "Add/Edit a Command" window, click  "Other >", "Advanced", "Add a Loop Start", "Single Condition (While Loop)"

Click the "Text" tab, enter "{EXP:{DICTATION} + {STATE_KEYSTATE:ENTER}}" into the "Variable Name / Token" field, enter "0" into the "Text" field, click "OK".

Thank you!!  Actually, this is still very cool - I didn't realize you could use these variable/token formulas like this - now things make a lot more sense.  Thanks for your help here!

richaardvark

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 07:26:24 PM »
Sorry, Rich... VA is not an code compiler.  It's just a gui interface that's grown in options over the years.  The, 'code' displayed is a text representation of actions within a command.  You can always request that the author upload what they have as an exported profile that you can then import its command(s).

Thank you for sharing a little more about the VA background with me.  At least now knowing there's not some instant way to insert blocks of code I don't feel quite as dumb for not being able to find this feature for so long now, hah.  Thanks for the info, this makes sense.