Author Topic: Excute a cmd each time a specific window focus has been lost  (Read 2159 times)

kourou

• Anything that can go wrong will go wrong
    • FANNY (Discord)
Excute a cmd each time a specific window focus has been lost
« on: December 16, 2018, 11:27:37 AM »
Hi,
I think that the title says all

kourou

• Anything that can go wrong will go wrong
    • FANNY (Discord)
Re: Excute a cmd each time a specific window focus has been lost
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 11:29:27 AM »
this could be combined by releasing keys.
And by the way if you can make a cmd that release all keys if it's possible for you.

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 09:49:30 AM »
This is kind of an extension of a previous requests, where I was asking about auto-execution when a program closes.

I'm guessing Gary's not super interested since that request, much like your request, can technically be achieved with looping and window title checking.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 11:02:47 AM »
It's not that it's not interesting, as it is a great idea.  Stuff that I consider when feature requests are made are things like what the mass appeal would be like.  Yeah, this would be a great thing to have, but it would require some type of UI element.  If you pair that up with how many people might actually use something like this, it's kind of overloading the UI unnecessarily and penalizing almost everybody for the benefit of very few.  Since, 'trigger' items are kind of out front (you know... voice command, mouse button, keyboard, joystick, unrecognized command, etc.), you'd have to also add, 'When Window Loses Focus' out front too (and not get to stuff it down into a submenu like a normal action).  It's kind of why I haven't added variable change triggers (yet) - the UI would have to be overhauled to be able to manage x number of triggers and still maintain some balance that doesn't scare folks off (it's already way too overloaded, no?).

Again, it's not a bad idea - it's just something that's very specific that, as you said, *is* achievable through actions that the user can create (or via plugin or inline function).

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 03:04:22 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Gary. I just wish there was an option to allow auto profile switching to also trigger profile resetting if the target profile is already active.

Until then, the looping will continue.