Author Topic: VA respons very slow to excecute a command  (Read 3050 times)

johnliem

VA respons very slow to excecute a command
« on: December 13, 2018, 05:19:21 AM »
Hello

I use VA v1.7.3 , I notice that it respons very slow, when I say a command, VA executes any command very slow, soon he got it, he exucute normal as usual, is this a known issue?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VA respons very slow to excecute a command
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 06:05:20 AM »
How slow is "very slow"? Half a second? One or two seconds? Tens of seconds?

Is there a lot of time between the individual action of the command executing? Is it taking a long time for the speech recognition engine to recognize what you're saying?

In case of the latter, you may want to try creating a new speech recognition profile(and training it a few times).

johnliem

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 06:36:41 AM »

Thanks for your reply, I do not have any issue with the recongnation profile as I always use it, I just edit to add some coomand to this profile , see attecemt for the time between, and yes I did make a new profile but the same result.

very slow not sure but about 3 seconds then it begins to execute the first command and when this happend no delay at all after the first command.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 06:57:49 AM »
Do you have the "Wait until sound completes before continuing command" option checked for those random sounds?

johnliem

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 08:33:31 AM »
no that is why , I wonder why this happend ;-(
any workaround to fix this,

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 10:07:35 AM »
Does the delay occur before the sound plays? That could mean the delay is in loading the sound files, though that should probably only occur if you have them on a slow-ish harddrive(rather than an SSD).

I take it the command runs fine if the "Play a Random Sound" action is disabled?

What do you have the "Audio Output Type" option set to? It's under , "Audio" tab, "Audio Output Type".

johnliem

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 10:17:00 AM »
the sound play normal, I have SSD 860 type of samsung,

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 03:22:12 AM »
It's not quite clear to me at which point during command execution you're experiencing a delay exactly, but if it's at the start of the command, you could try to switch the "Audio Output Type" option to "Integrated Components".

johnliem

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 03:28:13 AM »
Yes, I did try to "Integrated Components" and it seems a bit better
experience delay I have when the first time I said like for example request to dock, I notice that there is a delay, and there is no delay what so ever for the sound  basicly,  as you see  the content of my profile first the sound and then the key pressed.