Author Topic: VA is slow to respond  (Read 3944 times)

abognasar6

VA is slow to respond
« on: November 17, 2018, 12:05:55 PM »
Okay so I really only use VA With ED. And after a bit of a break ive noticed keyboard activated commands are quite slow to respond. (At least 0.75s up to 2s) How can i fix or mitigate this?

(v1.7.2 - Steam)

Gary

• Administrator
Re: VA is slow to respond
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 03:53:55 PM »
You may want to take a look at this thread (ignore the title), as it has helped fix mysterious speech engine anomalies over the years:

https://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=64.0

Hope that helps some!

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 04:31:53 AM »
Make sure you have VA set to send commands to 'Active Window'. That makes a huge speed difference in the latest versions of VA.
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 07:20:57 PM »
Are you having some trouble with VA finding target windows as not, 'Active Window'?  My target windows for my games are all pointing to their respective titles and I'm unable to even tell there's a difference (even with a LOT of windows open).  Do you have a repeatable process so I can reproduce this?

Antrys

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 02:01:20 PM »
This *may* be the problem I'm having.
I'm on 1.7.2.24 beta.

For about the past week, VA will just hold commands and not execute them.
If I alt-Tab to VA, all of a sudden all the backed-up commands all run at once, in a row.

I'm, playing the ED beta and am using EDDI, so it's hard to tell what is causing this as a lot of updates have dropped this past week. It seemed to coincide with the latest EDDI full version release, so I've been hesitant to post about it and have waited to see if anybody else is having problems.

I can say, I haven't changed my VA profile, except I did try setting commands to active windows in the profile settings. (No effect)

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 02:35:18 PM »
Try disabling plugins to see if that changes anything up for you.

If not, you'll really want to try out the suggestion I made a couple days back that have to do with the Windows speech profile.  If that gets gummed up, the event is delayed and VA is not notified until the event occurs.