Author Topic: Cannot send command to center TrackIR  (Read 2064 times)

pavsko

Cannot send command to center TrackIR
« on: October 28, 2018, 01:46:00 AM »
Hi,
I am playing IL-2 Great Battles Sim and use Voice Attack extensively. The only thing I cannot figure out is how to send the key to center or Pause TrackIR. The commands F12 /F9 seems to be reserved by TrackIR and VA do not send them properly...

I changed F12 to NUM * but with the same result.
Note: when TrackIR is running and I open eg. Notepad I cannot write * with NUM* because it is reserved by TrackIR.

Is there any way how to solve it? I would like to control TrackIR with my voice....

Thanks for tips
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 03:16:36 AM by pavsko »

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Cannot send command to center TrackIR
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 02:20:48 PM »
Hi, there.

If TrackIR is responding to hotkeys using a polling mechanism, it's possible that the key presses that you are making VoiceAttack perform are occurring too quickly for TrackIR to pick up.  Try increasing the, 'Hold down for ... seconds' option on the, 'Press a Key' screen.

Hope that helps!

pavsko

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 09:33:28 AM »
Thanks for the answer.
I tried to increase the time of press up to 2s but nothing changed. VA sent the key (I can hear "Say" command added after "Key Press NUM *" command) ) but TIR does not receive it (ie not center). If I press NUM* manually TIR center OK.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 10:53:33 AM »
2 seconds is a little long, but, if TrackIR is receiving hotkeys it should work with no problem.  VoiceAttack would definitely be, 'pressing' the key if you are telling it to, so there's got to be some other disconnect.

Have you tried changing the hotkey that TrackIR is using?

pavsko

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 11:35:18 AM »
Yes, I tried, e.g. I have just changed the key in the TIR settings to key "P" for centering.
Manually it works but Ïf I trigger voice command for P it does nothing.

But I think this is not VA problem because if I open notepad and press key "P" on the keyboard, nothing happens as well while TIR SW is running. But if I close TIR SW, typing "P" start work. So I think TIR SW "lock" the preset key exclusively for its own use. Unfortunately, I do not know how to bypass it :-/

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 05:32:45 PM »
Not sure what is up with your setup, as all that has been working great for others for a very long time.

I sent NaturalPoint an email (just now) and asked if they had an API available that would allow the creation of a plugin that wouldn't require keys at all.  Would be an interesting project ;)

pavsko

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 01:08:04 AM »
Hmm, I am confused why others have no problems with TIR hot keys... I will try to reinstall TIR SW this evening
Maybe I have missed something in VA command setting and VA don't send "key" to TrackIR. Or say it in an opposite way: TIR do not recognize VA command the same way as manually pressed key...

Thank Gary very much for your help. Would be great if Naturalpoint cooperate.