Author Topic: Voice Attack Stops Working in 3D  (Read 2921 times)

Habu

Voice Attack Stops Working in 3D
« on: August 24, 2018, 06:45:55 PM »
I use VA with DCS World flight simulator and it has worked flawlessly. Yesterday Windows 10 updated itself to 1803 and today DCS updated. VA still functions correctly EXCEPT when DCS is active in 3D world. When DCS is paused, no problems. Only when unpaused the DX PTT button operates intermittently and voice commands are not recognized. VA set on Active Window. I have checked sound settings and sound driver and am stumped. Anyone have any advice on how to troubleshoot? I am pretty adept at PC stuff.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Voice Attack Stops Working in 3D
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 09:17:47 PM »
Wow... that's a really weird one.  I would take a serious dive on your drivers and make sure that everything is up to date in your system.

I would also run a system file scan to make sure that something isn't totally borked up after those updates: 
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

... and also a chkdsk - https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/fix-hard-drives-chkdsk-windows-10/

I hope some of that helps out!

Edit - Are you running any plugins?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 11:32:32 PM by Gary »

Habu

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 04:22:34 PM »
This problem appears unique to my system, since nobody else is complaining on the forums. My mobo is Gigabyte Z370. I installed updated sound driver with no improvement. Tested with Falcon BMS and no problems with that program.

One symptom I just noticed is that while in DCS 3D world, unpaused, the VA sound detection bar at bottom of VA window shows full red sound detection, even tho I am using headset, no speakers and no ambient noise. Pause sim and bar shows no sound detected. So I conclude that for some reason DCS is passing 3d world sim sounds thru the OS to VA and this constant sim sound is causing all the other detection issues.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 08:58:18 PM »
Is it possible that you have some type of noise bleed into the recording channel?  If you go into VoiceAttack's Options and over to the Recognition tab, what do you have listed as the, 'Windows Speech Recording Device'?  Could changing that help any?  Thanks for the update - just shooting from the hip here  ;)

Habu

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 02:09:20 PM »
The following actions DID NOT resolve the issue: Mobo audio driver update, fiddling with audio device settings, disable Nvidia vid card audio drivers in device Manager, reinstalling DCS. Restoring back to earlier Win 10 version resolved the problem. All is well at present.

Habu

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 11:34:45 AM »
To close this issue and perhaps save someone else a deal of frustration I solved this issue. Win 10 1803 installed itself again and I almost lost it thinking I faced hours of OS reversion, but decided to try more troubleshooting. Issue resolved when I opened Realtek HD Audio Manager --> Device Advanced Settings (gear tool at bottom of window) --> Chose button: "Separate all input jacks as separate input devices."

I guess 1803 set the other button option by default.

Technomancer

• I have a bad feeling about this...
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 10:59:13 AM »
To close this issue and perhaps save someone else a deal of frustration I solved this issue. Win 10 1803 installed itself again and I almost lost it thinking I faced hours of OS reversion, but decided to try more troubleshooting. Issue resolved when I opened Realtek HD Audio Manager --> Device Advanced Settings (gear tool at bottom of window) --> Chose button: "Separate all input jacks as separate input devices."

I guess 1803 set the other button option by default.

Wow.  That was a nice find.

Thanx