Author Topic: [v1.7.2.1] Application Volume Controls not working  (Read 2803 times)

Aeternyx

[v1.7.2.1] Application Volume Controls not working
« on: August 08, 2018, 05:38:22 PM »
I have been trying to set up VA to be able to mute and unmute the Pandora application on my PC. I tried the command several different ways (setting volume level, muting the app, unmuting the app, toggling the mute state of the app) and nothing worked. But finally, when I tried the toggle command, I got an error. It would recognize the command and then immediately say "Unable to toggle application mute". At least once when it printed this error, it also printed an Exception but unfortunately I did not get it copied down.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: [v1.7.2.1] Application Volume Controls not working
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 05:58:14 PM »
Does this only happen with the "Pandora" application?

You could try NirCmd, which has a function that does the exact same thing.
If something is going wrong with the underlying Windows components however, this will likely not work either.

Aeternyx

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 08:39:23 PM »
As you suspected - I didn't have any luck with NirCmd either. And it seems to affect all applications - not just Pandora.

Windows 10 if it matters.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 11:16:35 PM »
Windows 10 if it matters.
It should not. Both methods work fine on my Windows 10 install.

You could try this:
One thing I always suggest is running a system file scan (which is something that you should do from time to time anyway):  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system