Author Topic: Strange behavior after 24 hours  (Read 3311 times)

marvel_master

Strange behavior after 24 hours
« on: June 10, 2018, 05:33:44 AM »
Hello,

yesterday i installed voiceattack in two separate Virtual machines with Windows 10 Enterprise for testing.
This virtual maschines are controlled from the main computer with Windows 7 64 bit.

I trained this 3 machines with the same dictionary and after the training i do several tests.
1. The Windows Voice recognition recognize my spoken words, after i trained this special words. I could use wordpad and all words are 100% correct.
2. I closed the windows speech recognition software and started voiceattack.
3. voiceattack could recognize all my special commands and i installed some shortcuts behinds this commands.
Every spoker order was recognized and works fine inside the game

Ok, now, after 24 hours i started all machines again with the same configuration.

But now i have the following behaviour inside the Windows 10 virtual machines. If i start the
windows speech recognition, this software on both machines need 30 seconds to something.

Example. If i say "attack enemy" then i see, that the softare listen to me.
10 seconds nothing happens. Then the software wortes inside wordpad "attack enemy F".

Then i can say the next command or the same and after 10 seconds inside wordpad appears again
"attack enemy F".

This letter F could be a result from a voice attack profile. There exists a command "use shield" or something
else, where the shortcut is "Shift + F".

BUT: Voice attack is not loaded and there is no windows process.

I really dont know, why this windows speech software cannot regognize commands within 1 second and
why this letter "F" appears. If i speak after 5 secons a new command, windows interprets this a new order.

If i wait the 10 seconds, i see then in wordpad "attack enemy FFF FF  use shield FF fly to town FF FFFF"

On my host computer with Windows 7 64 Bit everything works fine.

Has anyone an idea, what could be the reason for this behavior?

Regards

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
Re: Strange behavior after 24 hours
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 08:00:14 AM »
You are running the Windows Speech Recognition software, which doesn't need to be loaded. Once you have done the voice training, you just need to run Voice Attack and nothing else

marvel_master

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 04:14:41 AM »
You are running the Windows Speech Recognition software, which doesn't need to be loaded. Once you have done the voice training, you just need to run Voice Attack and nothing else

If i load voiceattack, i disable the windows speech engine.

And then i have the same result inside voiceattack "use shield F" or "start engine FF" etc.
The program voiceattack use the speech engine to recognize the words. If this engine doesnt work correctly, voiceattack cannot work correct. But i dont know why the windows engine doesnt work anymore!

Regards

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 05:25:21 AM »
So let me get this straight (Using my own example here) just so I can get what is happening correct:

You have a command called "Next Target" that presses the t key (lower case T)
You have another command called "Previous Target" that presses Shift+t
If you said "Next Target" it would wait, then *type out* "Next Target t"
If you said "Previous Target" it would wait, then type out "Previous Target T"

Is that correct?

marvel_master

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 03:34:20 PM »
So let me get this straight (Using my own example here) just so I can get what is happening correct:

You have a command called "Next Target" that presses the t key (lower case T)
You have another command called "Previous Target" that presses Shift+t
If you said "Next Target" it would wait, then *type out* "Next Target t"
If you said "Previous Target" it would wait, then type out "Previous Target T"

Is that correct?

Approximately.

If  i say "Next Target" it would wait 10 seconds , then *type out* "Next Target F"
If i say  "Previous Target" it would wait 10 seconds , then type out "Previous Target F" inside windows and voiceattack.

I will do some more tests at the weekend, because i have no access at this moment to this machines.

Regards

Alpha-Kilo

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 02:46:41 AM »
If I understand the opening post correctly the problem is that VA takes a long time to react and then "understands" the command plus the letter F when marvel-master didn't say F.

I am just guessing but to me this sounds as if the mic is too hot. Have you checked the properties of your microphone? Try to deactivate the microphone boost and reduce the sensitivity of the microphone a bit. A value of 80 seems to work well for me but your mileage may vary.
----------------------------------------------------------------
SPEAKEASY - voice control for Arma 3:
http://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=1494.0
----------------------------------------------------------------