Author Topic: Invisible content in the 'When I say' field?  (Read 1899 times)

Greyman

Invisible content in the 'When I say' field?
« on: May 31, 2018, 06:34:05 AM »
When trying to paste a new keyword collection, from VAICOM PRO, into the When I say field of a command, VA appears to successfully create the right commands, but the contents of the field are invisible.

This looks like a display issue and may even be caused by Nvidia's GPU drivers, but I thought it worth mentioning.

I've pasted the VAICOM PRO export into notepad+ and it displays fine and there doesn't appear to be any dodgy characters present. 

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Invisible content in the 'When I say' field?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 07:39:59 AM »
What is the command you are trying to view?  I can pop it in here and see if I can reproduce the issue.

Greyman

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 09:59:45 AM »
In VAICOM PRO, it's the Keywords Collection command and i deleted the default 'When I say" contents and was pasting in the contents of the modified keywords, which i also pasted into the attached file.

I took a chance and pressed OK and the new commands were created, but the field looks blank.   it isn't though, as i have subsequently done a ctrl a and ctrl c on the field and pasted to another file and that works, so it really does look like a rather odd display issue.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 10:29:50 AM »
I'm able to reproduce the problem.  It's a, 'spoken command' that is over 6,700 characters long, so, I'm pretty sure its something to do with the control itself.  I'll take a look at it and see if there's something that can be done.

Greyman

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 10:40:40 AM »
Thanks Gary.

From the unconsolidated list, it would still appear that *Yunga*, the last name in the pasted string, has been parsed, so it doesn't look like the commands have been truncated.  There are a lot of commands in that string however, but i still wouldn't rule out an NVIDIA driver issue, as i can't think that i would have been the first to encounter this.  Although with the new Persian Gulf map, in DCS world, that might have tipped something over the edge.

Either way, it looks like VAICOM PRO is asking a lot of Voice Attack and i am glad that they still work so well together.

Thanks again

Paul