Author Topic: Notifications  (Read 4028 times)

D.D.Harriman

Notifications
« on: April 11, 2018, 03:53:34 PM »
I have had to give up on GeForce experience to do in game recording.
I have now got OBS STUDIO running and I can VA to start and stop the recording.

One of the good things about GeFe was that it has an in game overlay that indicated the status of the recorder.

Doesn't look like OBS supports anything like this and I am asking in that forum too.

Anyone here got any ideas?

ralf44

Re: Notifications
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 02:52:30 PM »
What you really want, to stream with OBS, is a second monitor. I have made do by playing games windowed and at lower than 1080p just so that I could see the edge of OBS with the critical info like the sound meter and whether it was working!

What might be nice is if VA could test OBS once per second and know if it was broadcasting or not, and then VA could speak the info to you when there was a start or stop without ever bringing OBS to the front.

That sounds to me like it might need someone who understands making VA plugins but I'm posting the idea here because some of the resident experts may be able to solve this in one line.

Another random thought - if you minimise OBS to the Taskbar and hover over it, does it change name/title to indicate online/offline because that should be something VA could test for easily...

ralf44

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 07:10:58 PM »
I remembered another technique that could solve this - sampling the color of a pixel in the OBS window, ie if you can see some text or an icon that changes form green to red, VA would only need that one pixel's RGB about once per second to tell you if stream dropped.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 09:56:09 PM »
*looks over on the OBS forums*

Well if you are already running Riva Tuner Statistics Server, then there is the OBS red dot plugin for OBS.

https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/reddot.471/

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 07:33:25 AM »
And if you do decide to go after pixel color you can use this C# inline function within VA to obtain the information you need.

D.D.Harriman

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 08:52:05 PM »
*looks over on the OBS forums*

Well if you are already running Riva Tuner Statistics Server, then there is the OBS red dot plugin for OBS.

https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/reddot.471/

Ok. A bit slow getting back to this, but, this looks like a better way than what I set up using a posted self terminating loop to pay a sound in VA. The sound is distracting and any time I use the STOP VA COMMANDS, the sound stops but OBS keeps recording and then if I say the command to stop OBS the sound starts playing even though I am not recording. It can get confusing.

This idea probably has the same issue but it would get rid of the sound.
Questions is:
What would need to be changed to put say, a RED DOT in say, the upper right screen corner when OBS was recording.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 04:57:59 AM »
Honestly I have no idea, as I have yet to use that plugin, and I tend to keep my RivaTuner stuff on the top left anyway.

D.D.Harriman

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 10:34:21 AM »
And if you do decide to go after pixel color you can use this C# inline function within VA to obtain the information you need.

This idea probably has the same issue but it would get rid of the sound.
Questions is:
What would need to be changed to put say, a RED DOT in say, the upper right screen corner when OBS was recording.