Author Topic: Text font sizing missing, or is it just me  (Read 3011 times)

Incurable-Rash

Text font sizing missing, or is it just me
« on: April 04, 2018, 09:38:30 AM »
The tools use to have a way to make the text bigger. This is especially important to us visually impaired users.
Am I missing where it is or has that been removed or put some where else.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Text font sizing missing, or is it just me
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 09:57:45 AM »
The old "Display Size" option was replaced in VoiceAttack v1.7 by having it follow the Windows display(DPI) scaling setting; If you have that higher than 100%, the text should be larger as well.

This article has instructions on how to change that setting.

Incurable-Rash

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 11:35:00 AM »
The problem with this system is that I don't spend a lot of time working with my desktop and most other programs I have I can scale the text size to meet my needs.
When I scale the desktop to a larger size the Va window does not quite keep up but is still to small.
Not to mention that the desktop Icons I use will not fit.
If this is the way the program is going to be from now on, its going to be a real problem for me.

Even this window has the ability to make the font big enough for me to see.
It sucks to get old and visually impaired.

Thank for the info.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 02:44:59 PM »
I was having a real problem sustaining the user-selected sizing, unfortunately.  Not only did it make every single UI update require four times as much effort, the option for size selection escaped the notice of many which resulted in several emails a week.  I started to implement an automatic display size based on the user's resolution, but things get weird at certain scaling/dpi levels (stuff like normal-sized text and radio buttons half the size of the screen).  Also, what is happening a lot now is that folks are running VA on 4k monitors and TVs and even at the largest display size, VA was still too small.  So, this was the next step and it took two months to update every single screen and verify that VA works from 100% scaling on a standard res monitor all the way up to 350% scaling on a 4k monitor.  If VA was a new product being built now, this is what I would have done instead of making the sizing user-selected.

You can always roll back to version v1.6.9 by going here:  http://www.voiceattack.com/filesend.aspx?id=voiceattackinstaller_169.exe, as it contains the user-selected option.  Sorry about that!

Incurable-Rash

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 05:56:49 PM »
I understand
I will miss being able to read the text.
I'll need to find one of those TV magnifying glasses for that they used in the fifties.
But so be it.

J. Calvert (Joshua)

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 04:33:30 AM »

Valethar

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 01:43:14 AM »
Have to admit, the text sizing is painfully tiny. Oddly enough, even with the scaling to desktop rez (1920 x 1080, 100%), the text on my desktop icons, etc.. is larger than the text in VA.   ???

Confident that you'll find a solution to that at some point down the road though. At least now I know I've not completely lost my mind, trying to find the old menu. LOL