Author Topic: HELP ! 'Attack Mode' ???  (Read 2559 times)

pscammp

HELP ! 'Attack Mode' ???
« on: April 03, 2018, 10:52:58 AM »
Hey all,
    I'm new to Voice Attacks and I thinks it's great.......UNTIL !

Ok, so I am suddenly experiencing a major issue with VA. Just updated to the latest version, 1.7 I think as the setting box said there was an update available. I'm not using beta's as far as I know.

I have the ASTRA HCS pack loaded as a newly imported profile with my personal pack imported within it. Everything is set to default except checking the enable plugins box in settings.

All worked fine before the update (not sure what version it was before), now all of a sudden, out of the blue I keep getting 'Recognised: Attack Mode' appearing in the window even though I didn't say it. I have even tried it with the room silent and with head phones on so my microphone wont pick up ASTRA's replies and still they keep coming.

When they randomly appear, ASTRA replies with one of the following replies:

Engage When Ready
Watch Our Six
Crew Prepare For Attack
Position For Attack
Crew Prepare For Engagement

There's no telling when this will happen but it's usually after I speak into the mic to ASTRA, sometimes it comes after she replies, sometimes I can hear one of the above replies playing while ASTRA is answering me.

Today I asked ASTRA to enable Galaxapedia and asked what a Galaxy was. She began telling me when part way through the explanation there was 2 of her with the second voice chanting answers to this bloody 'Attack Mode'

It seems that once this starts it just keeps on randomly doing it again and again as you'll see in the attached pic.

I am loading up an image of the VA window so you can see a visual of what's happening, if there happens to be a LOG file somewhere which might give you guy's deeper vision then please don't hesitate to tell me where it is, I will load it up ASAP.

HELP.....I HATE ATTACK MODE

:-(

Regards
Paul

Gary

• Administrator
Re: HELP ! 'Attack Mode' ???
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 12:23:52 PM »
It looks like you are experiencing some level of line noise.  You'll want to take a look at this thread, as it will explain more about that:
http://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=1635.0
Look for the heading, "I'm not saying anything but VoiceAttack keeps hearing things".

Something else to look at is on your Options screen under the recognition tab.  If your command weight is set up too high, VA will make a best guess as to what is coming into the mic.  That could be something as simple as breathing or other ambient noises.

Hope that helps!

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 02:28:59 PM »
you must enable the hcs plugin or the profile will never work correctly
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

pscammp

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 08:09:14 AM »
Hi TheThingIs,
If your referring to 'Enable Plugin Support' on the General tab then yes, this is enabled

Paul

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 08:33:33 PM »
ah I took your post as saying it was unchecked but after re-reading it that isn't what you meant :)

the false recognition is linked to an over sensitive mic picking up sounds you can't hear. I think what happens is that sound gets somehow "linked" to a phrase in the profile as it's a random occurrence which is different for everyone. I have the same issue currently on mine which is hearing "wake up" constantly. Follow Gary's guides and maybe create a 2nd new voice profile and retrain that to see if it helps.
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

pscammp

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 07:28:02 AM »
Hello all,

Well it looks as though I have solved my main issue of 'Attack Mode' being fired all the time.

I ticked 'Disable Acoustic Echo Cancelation' in the Recognition tab in settings and rerouted
the mic's (very thin) cable and hey presto ! ! ! Would not stop with one or the other but after
doing both......

I still get the odd random unrecognised - 'ow no' and unrecognised - 'yeah' but that blasted
'Attack Mode' which fires some key presses hasn't been seen since. I actually managed to play
ED for an hour last night without a single 'Attack Mode' firing.

WOOOooooo HOOOoooooo

Many Thanks for all your help ppl

Paul