Author Topic: microsoft speech platform 11 is not listed after installation  (Read 3095 times)

bootybay

So after following the instructions on the alternate speech engines page, which means installing runtime and the languages english, german and russian, I still can't see the speech platform 11 in voice attack or windows settings.

I tried installing the SDK with the runtime too, and also x64, x86 and both together, with one, two or three different languages and all without success.

I tried this workaround from stackoverflow (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10634843/unable-to-correctly-install-ms-speech-platform-11-on-win-7-x64) and the entries actually showed up. BUT after applying the changes to voice attack it immediatly crashes on start.

This is my current windows verison: Windows 10 Pro Version 1709 (Build 16299.309)

Please help me out. I spend more then 6 hours on something that should take less than 5 minutes now and I'm afraid it is all because I'm a dummy.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: microsoft speech platform 11 is not listed after installation
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 09:55:10 AM »
On the options screen on the system/advanced tab, there are two radio buttons labeled, 'Use built-in sapi speech engines' and 'Use installed speech platform speech engines'.  Are these options grayed out or are they active?  If they are active, which option is selected?

bootybay

Re: microsoft speech platform 11 is not listed after installation
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 08:59:06 PM »
It works after selecting "Use Installed Speech Platform Speech Engines" in the System / Advanced tab.

I skimmed over the instructions several times but my anticipation just played tricks on me. I only checked the Recognition tab and went off in the other direction with googling immediatly and tried solutions for problems I never had.

Thanks, Gary.