Author Topic: Hotkey Sound Recorder  (Read 1724 times)

StrangCrunchy1

Hotkey Sound Recorder
« on: April 02, 2018, 11:33:08 AM »
Trying to control the program for use with Elite, and I can get VA to start the program, but for whatever reason, I can't get VA to pass keypresses to it.  Back in 2017, this worked flawlessly, but now it doesn't.  I've tried with all manner of timing options from 0.05 all the way up to 0.5, and nothing seems to work.  I can get VA to pass commands to other out of focus progs, though, like VLC, for instance.  So, I don't know whether it's something to do with HSR or VA.

The default hotkeys for HSR are Ctrl+Alt+R to begin recording, and Ctrl+Alt+S to end recording.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Hotkey Sound Recorder
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 12:35:23 PM »
Is VoiceAttack running as admin?

StrangCrunchy1

Re: Hotkey Sound Recorder
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 11:01:32 PM »
Yup.  I get the UAC prompt every time I launch VA.  But I figured it out; just now, in fact.

I made a separate profile with three commands (two voice-enabled (one to start the program, one to end recording and kill the process), one as a voice-less call to start recording (because for whatever reason, if you try to send the keystroke immediately after launching the program, it doesn't pick it up)) and had that profile pass all of its commands directly to HotkeySR, and that profile is linked to my main profile for HCS packs.  I don't know what difference that made, but it did it.