Author Topic: Help please!  (Read 3244 times)

KingKoz

Help please!
« on: February 07, 2018, 12:37:21 PM »
I recently purchased VA and have had no issues with it until now. I play Dungeons & Dragons Online and have been making a profile to start the client, login then (here is where the issue started) once the game gets to the character select screen allow me to say something like "select xyz" (xyz being a character name). I have 19 characters in the character select screen. Choosing a character from the first page (providing the scroll bar is at the top) was easy. I used mouse/move and selected coordinates on the game screen and then clicked Enter. Then I moved on to the next page of characters and the next until I had all characters done. I chose a character on the 3rd or 4th page and this is where the problems started. I can move my mouse pointer around the screen but clicking anything is impossible. I can see in VA that the program is attempting to run through every single character but not succeeding. I can hit CTRL ALT DEL and click on the task manager but when I try to click anything the pointer jumps across the screen. I can't even shut the task down. I tried using the keyboard to navigate to end task but still did not work. My only recourse was to hit the power button on my pc. Obviously that is not good.  After rebooting, I started VA again and this time I tried to edit the profile and that started the process I described earlier and I had to power down again. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated......I figure I could always just delete the profile but hopefully that is a last resort. Thanks............Koz

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Help please!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 03:51:29 PM »
After rebooting, I started VA again and this time I tried to edit the profile and that started the process I described earlier and I had to power down again.
Does the command run when VoiceAttack loads the profile? Opening the "Edit a Profile" window shouldn't trigger commands.

In case of the former, you can hold CTRL+SHIFT when VoiceAttack starts, and you'll get a "VoiceAttack Load Options" dialog; There you can check "Disable profile initialization commands (this session only)", which will stop any commands from running when your profile loads.

Before debugging your existing command, make sure you set up a "Stop All Commands" hotkey:
Click , click the "Hotkeys" tab, and look for "Stop All Command Hotkey"; If there is no key assigned, or you wish to change it, click "..." to the right of "Stop All Command Hotkey", press the key or key combination you wish to assign(make sure "Enable stop command hotkey" is checked), then click "OK", clock "OK" at the bottom of the "Options" window to confirm.

Now, when a command goes haywire, you can press that key(combination) to stop all commands.

Personally I like to have a spoken command that does this as well; You can create a command within your profile that solely contains the "Stop Processing All Commands" action(Other > VoiceAttack Action > Stop Processing All Commands), speaking it should also stop all running commands.

KingKoz

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 08:57:18 AM »
I can't do anything with VA, as soon as the program starts and I click anything (doesn't matter which profile) the program tries to run every command in the profile and I can only power button reboot. Since I couldn't find a profile file in the install program or the documents directory, I felt the only option was to uninstall VA. I couldn't continue using the program when it makes me have to use the power button to reboot. I have not tried reinstalling yet. Hopefully uninstalling VA will have corrected the issue.

KingKoz

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 10:54:28 AM »
I had to uninstall VA to get it to stop attempting to run the profile commands causing my system to need a power button reboot. I then deleted ALL VA directories (program files AND documents dir) then reinstalled and VA no longer acts weird. Unfortunately I lost all the commands I created up to that point and now have to start over.