Author Topic: Select a menu item in Elite Dangerous?  (Read 3119 times)

Jonny Shiloh

Select a menu item in Elite Dangerous?
« on: February 01, 2018, 03:30:56 AM »
EDIT: OK I've figured it out - I set up some custom commands to move the highlighted selection around/move up and down.

Hi I'm new, just started using VA for Elite Dangerous, currently have the Celeste voice pack.

What I'd like to do is select an astronomical body in the navigation (left) panel so I can target it for scanning.

At the moment I say "Navigation panel" and it opens, but I have no clue:

a) what spoken command to give to switch focus to the list of planets (I currently press D on the keypad)
b) how to select the highlighted planet using a spoken command (I have to press the spacebar) and
c) how to tell Celeste to move the highlight up or down once I'm done scanning the selected body (rather than using W and S to move up and down in the menu).

Apologies if this is a completely obvious question, but if someone could clue me in I'd appreciate it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 05:41:43 AM by Jonny Shiloh »

Barney Bear

Re: Select a menu item in Elite Dangerous?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 10:42:35 AM »
If you are using a monitor i would use the command "mouse" then the "move command to plot the mouse co ords on your screen then using a voice command say "curser up/down" to highlight your selection the use mouse command "click" to select it can be a bit of a long way round but then I'm just learning.
In VR I'm still trying to figure out the mouse movements.

Hope this works.  :D