Author Topic: Documentation: Please add date to changelogs!  (Read 3140 times)

Woofington

Documentation: Please add date to changelogs!
« on: January 26, 2018, 11:36:38 AM »
Hey all, I love voice attack, but I only use it for certain applications, as such there can sometimes be a half-year span between use.  I would love if the changelog had actual dates associated with each version so I could know exactly what has been added since I last used the application.

I realize this is a small request, thats why I think its doable!

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Documentation: Please add date to changelogs!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 11:48:35 AM »
I usually provide the version number as that indicator, but I will consider including the date.  You can see the version you are using if you click on, 'Options' and compare it to the version you are using.

Woofington

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 11:57:49 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply Gary.  The problem is, I have the steam version, and it auto-updates, so when I relaunch I am on the latest and greatest with no idea what I was using last! 

Yes I know this can be fixed if I just took better notes but I figured I'd throw this suggestion out there because there may be other changelog obssessed nerds like me out there!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 12:22:32 PM »
If this becomes a thing, using ISO 8601(YYYY-MM-DD) would prevent month/day confusion for international users(which is less likely in a list, as that adds context, but possible when referenced by itself).